Chapter 20 - Drunk

Their bodies touching and feeling each other still. Their hearts beating faster than usual.

For what felt longer than a minute, was actually 30 seconds of them just being near each other. Y/n not giving much thought about it decided to look at Lizzie. She had her just a few inches away, her face closer than ever. Lizzie looked at Y/n as well, and noticed how she was already looking at her.

Both staring at each other. Their eyes, their lips, and every other detail of their face. It would easily take only one move to any of the two, just to finally kiss each other.

Y/n: "And yeah, that's how you do it." She awkwardly smiles and moves away from Lizzie.

As much as Y/n was craving a kiss from hers, she didn't dare to, for fear that Lizzie wouldn't react like she would hope for.

Lizzie: "Thank you for teaching me." She awkwardly smiled at her back, not knowing why she was feeling upset that she didn't kiss her.

She has never dated a girl in her life, so she wasn't sure why was she feeling disappointed in the first place.

"You're such a fucking coward!" Y/n told herself.

They played a whole round, with a silence that could kill anyone. They eventually got tired of playing billiards, so y/n suggested getting a drink; she hoped it would help forget what just happened, or what didn't happen because of her.

Y/n: "What time are you leaving tomorrow?" She asks, breaking the silence that there was between them.

Lizzie: "In the morning."

Y/n: "Oh."

Lizzie: "Yeah..." She awkwardly nods, and silence comes back in.

Lizzie: "... I have to go to the bathroom." She stands up and walks away.

While Lizzie was in the bathroom, y/n was drinking in the bar. Lizzie took a while, which made her order quite a few vodka shots, and since she doesn't drink often, she was already getting a bit drunk.

Lizzie: "Sorry I took so long, I got lost." She says, sitting next to Y/n.

Y/n: "There you are!" She gives Lizzie a hug. "I missed you." She whined.

Lizzie laughed confused.

Y/n: "You are so beautiful, did you know that?" She asked as she pulls from the hug. "You look like you could be a celebrity."

Lizzie: "Are you... drunk?" She asks.

Y/n: "No- I am not!" She lied. "I never drink." She winked at Lizzie.

Lizzie looks at her and could tell she was clearly drunk, by the way she was talking and acting. Sounding like she didn't know what she was talking about, and fussing like she was trying to keep her balance, it was obvious. She didn't know if it was because she was a light drinker or because she had too many drinks, so she asked the bartender to make sure.

Lizzie: "Hey, how many drinks did she have?"

Y/n shook her head while making faces at the bartender, so he wouldn't tell how many.

Bartender: "She ordered 10."

Lizzie: "Holy shit, Y/n!" She looked at y/n shocked.

Y/n: "Snitch!" She shouted at him. "I'm not going to be your friend anymore, Carlos." She crossed her arms acting sad. Just like a five year old kid.

"I think we should probably get going." Lizzie suggested, helping Y/n get on her feet.

Y/n: "But I don't want to go!" She whined.