Chapter 43

Third person's POV:

Y/n was on the phone with Hailee while Lizzie was waiting inside.

--------------------------------------------

Hailee: "How are you?"

Y/n: "I've been better."

Hailee: "What's wrong?"

Y/n sighs. "I'm having dinner with Lizzie."

Hailee: "Oh."

Y/n: "Yeah."

Hailee: "How's it going?"

Y/n: "Not well." She says. "I think I hurt her."

Hailee: "Why's that?"

Y/n: "I told her that I wanted to try things out... with you."

A smile grew on Hailee's face after hearing that. She didn't think Y/n would actually tell something like that to Lizzie. She knows how in love Y/n was and still is with her.

Hailee: "Are you okay?"

Y/n: "I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Hailee: "I just wanna make sure." She says.

Y/n: "I'm fine." She lies.

Y/n was feeling everything but fine. When she saw Lizzie she looked so happy, and after what she told her Y/n saw how her beautiful green eyes started watering while she tried hiding it with a warm smile. Y/n was feeling awful.

She really wants to try things out with Hailee, but she still doesn't know if she will be able to forget about her. Lizzie will always be the girl she has loved the most.

Hailee: "That's good-" Before finishing her sentence, she was cut off by her mom shouting her name.  "Uh I'm sorry Y/n, I have to go. My mom is calling me."

Y/n: "Oh, okay."

Hailee: "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

Y/n: "Okay."

Hailee smiles. "Alright."

Call Ended

--------------------------------------------

After hanging up, Y/n took a big breath and walked back inside to Lizzie.

Y/n: "Sorry about that."

Lizzie: "It's fine."

When Y/n sat back in her chair, an awkward silence kicked in. None of them knowing what to say. They didn't want to look at each others eyes because it was painful. They still not only loved each other, but they wanted each other. Y/n was starting to think about the times they had together. Specifically those 2 times that she will never forget about.

Y/n started to realize what she was thinking about, it wasn't okay. She just told her that shes now going to try things out with Hailee and now shes thinking about sex with Lizzie? What  the fuck is wrong with me. She tells herself.

Y/n: "Are you going to order anything?" She awkwardly asks, ignoring her thoughts.

Lizzie: "Oh- um, I don't know. Are you?"

Y/n: "Hell yeah, I'm hungry."

Lizzie laughs, and Y/n smiled. That's the laugh she fell in love with. The laugh she has missed so much. 

They ordered their food, and waited for the waitress to bring it. 

Lizzie: "Ooh this looks nice." She says looking at her plate.

Y/n: "I know right."

Lizzie: "I should come here more often." She obviously didn't mean that.

Y/n: "Yeah!"

They both began eating their food, it was starting to get awkward again, so Y/n decided to make conversation. That way they can also forget about what they talked about before.

Y/n: "So how have you been?" She asked.

Lizzie: "Do you want me to lie or be honest?" She ironically asked.

Y/n chuckles. "Alright. Fair enough."

Lizzie: "How's Alissa?" She asked. "Has she... said anything about me?"

Y/n: "She's good. Annoying as usual."

Lizzie laughs.

Y/n: "What do you mean by 'said anything about me'."

Lizzie: "Oh- it's nothing i was just wondering." She nods with a smile.

Lizzie was hoping Alissa didn't say anything about that night, which according to Y/n's confused face, she didn't.

Lizzie didn't really order anything big so she was the first one to finish her dinner. After Y/n was also done, they finally got ready to leave the restaurant.

Lizzie: "I'll see you later?" She asks, hoping to receive a 'yes' from her.

Y/n smiles, "Sure." and says.

They both got closer to each other into a hug. They held each other tight, neither of them wanted to let go.

When realizing that they have been hugging for over a minute, Y/n pulled away from the hug and both took a step back.

Y/n: "I should go." She says, slowly taking steps back.

Lizzie: "Yeah, me too." She awkwardly says and walks away.

...

Alissa was sitting on the couch watching tv when she heard her sister come into the house.

Alissa: "Hey, where were you?" She asks. "You left without saying anything."

"I know. Sorry: "Y/n puts her keys on the table and sighs. "I had dinner with Lizzie."

Alissa: "What!? How'd it go?"

Y/n: "I don't even know."

Alissa: "What do you mean?"

Y/n: "I don't know if I did the right thing or not." She begins saying. "I told her I wanted to try things out with Hailee. And it's true i do want to, but at the same time... it doesn't feel right. After seeing how her eyes watered, and how she put up a fake smile and told me she was happy for me even though we both know it's not true I immediately regretted it. I love her and i hate the fact that i don't think anything will change that."

Alissa: "What about Hailee?"

Y/n: "I like her. A lot. She's pretty, she's funny, and I like the way I feel when i'm with her-"

Alissa cuts her off, "But you don't love her." and says.

Y/n nods and covers her face with her hands in despair.

Y/n looks at Alissa, "What do I do?" and asks feeling frustrated.

Alissa takes a few seconds to think,"I honestly think you should really try things out with Hailee." and begins to say. "I know you said that you still love Lizzie, and that maybe that wont ever change, but you also haven't spent much time with Hailee. Maybe if you do you'll realize that she was worth the wait for. But also if you really think that you don't feel like you will ever love Hailee the way you love Lizzie, then don't try anything with her, because you'll practically be playing with someone's feelings, and that is not ok."

Y/n stares at her while she thought that once again her sister was right.

She had already practically ended things with Lizzie, so there was no going back.

Y/n: "Thank you." She tells her sister with a smile.

Alissa: "No problemo." She jokes as she smiled as well.

Y/n rolled her eyes and went to her room to think alone.