Akaken-Mop it up

Kenma stared into Akaashi's eyes. The only thing visible in the darkness. He felt as though they could read his soul. They moved in closer and closer. Until...

Waiwaiwait. How did these two get into this situation? Let's rewind shall we?

It was a training camp with Nekoma and Fukurodani. It was the middle of their week long camp and Bokuto and Kuroo noticed some... Tension. Their best friends would always panic when speaking to each other, get caught staring and blush at the other. Kenma even refused to bathe in the community bath due to him having to see Akaashi half naked.

So, as any idiotic duo would, they set them up.

"Hay Kenma! Akaashi! Clean the gym for us will ya! We have some things to do!" Kuroo yelled as their plan unfolded. Both looked uncomfortable but nodded in agreement.

They watched as Bokuto and Kuroo left the gym, laughing like buffoons and dancing like idiots. They then, one at a time, went into the closet and got the brooms and mops and began cleaning the Nekoma gym and taking down the nets. Each other casually stealing glances in the other's direction as they casually swept, each of them wanting to say something but feeling as though their lips were glued together. Both too nervous and neither reckless enough to speak up and speak the words they wish to speak. Both bound by the silence surrounding them only broken by the sound of sweeping, water dripping, the clashing sound the poles of the net made when the clasps of the net made contact with it's surface.

They were both bound with anxiety. Kenma had experienced introvertedness from a young age when no one would speak to him except Kuroo. Teachers and parents would say he was quiet, while social workers and professionals would say it was depression and social anxiety.

Akaashi was raised by a prestigious family. When he came out as gay he was seen as beneath them. As less than human. As abnormal. He was always taught to keep his mouth shut, not speak unless spoken to, and hide emotion. Due to this, he seems rather cold and apathetic.

But, apparently, the two idiots found a way to make them real.... Close.

Before they knew what had happened, Kenma and Akaashi felt someone pulling them both by the back of their shirt and throwing them in the storage closet. The two didn't even get to see the mysterious person's face.

And so, they were locked in a closet. Alone. With each other. Just the two of them.

"Wa-what happened? Akaashi did you see that? Did you see who?" Kenma was clearly panicking.

"Calm down Kenma. I'm sure we'll be fine there are food rations in here and someone is bound to notice we're missing eventually." Akaashi said, seemingly calm. The truth was that he was freaking out just as much as Kenma, but he was good at masking it.

"You're right. No need to panic. Calm down Kenma. Calm down." Kenma said to himself.

A few hours had passed by. Neither had a phone on them because it was in their bags at the door of the gym.

Kenma was begining to get a little tired. He ended up accidentally falling asleep on Akaashi's shoulder. Akaashi didn't mind, though. He thought the smaller seemed uncomfortable, so he placed his head on his own chest as he stretched his legs out, his back against that walk so his own body was in an L shape.  Kenma curled up in his newfound position, which Akaashi found adorable.

Another few hours had past and the sunlight started to seep in through the windows, thus also seeping through the cracks in the closet. These lights made their way to Kenma's sleeping face which in turn woke him up. The stirring from the smaller woke up his closet buddy as well. Kenma noticed the different sleeping position, but didn't question due to his anxiety.

"Good sleep?" Akaashi asked.

"Mhm, you really didn't mind me sleeping on you?" Kenma seeked reassurance that he didn't bother the other setter.

"No, not at all. I quite enjoyed it actually. Wait-that sounded creepy."

"It's not that creepy. I enjoyed it too..." Kenma said nervously. He raised his head a bit so that his eyes could meet Akaashi's. He noted how they glistened with feeling and emotion that he didn't portray in his face. As if all emotion and feeling was somehow condensed into those pupils.

"You know, our faces are awfully close." Akaashi observed.

"What? Got an objection?" Kenma flirted slightly.

"Not at all." Akaashi said, taking the hint.

Before either knew it, their lips were locked only for a few seconds. Afterwards they both got up into comfortable seating positions and were going to talk about what had just happened. But, they heard a key turn inside the lock and a figure stand over them. It was Kuroo.

"So, you lovebirds together yet?" He asked, smirking.

Let's just say, Kenma's self control contributing to violence was thrown out of the metaphorical window.