veintitrés.

Valerie reveled in the way Luca seemed totally smitten with her little makeover. He quite literally couldn't keep his hands off of her.

The whole ride to his father's estate his hand was resting on her thigh, he was kissing her hand, or toying with the ends of her hair.

When they did finally arrive, the sun was setting over his father's huge castle of a home.

And I thought Luca's house was huge...

She thought as she took in the awe-inspiring mansion that was definitely fit for a king.

Romano Giovanni was indeed Wall Street Royalty. A king in his own right for sure. He had a murky background, but from the tabloids Valerie knew he was nothing short of brilliant and an absolute force to be reckoned with. However, he was affair ridden and had a bad temper— Luca's business smarts and angry drunken stents were hereditary most definitely.

As they pulled up through the circle drive, Valerie was blown away by the romantic lighting of everything. His eggshell white mansion reminded her of a gaudy White House building, save for the green lawn. Outside, his chosen greenery were calla lilies and the whole expanse of the front was bathed in champagne light.

It reminded Valerie of something out of a movie, she couldn't believe people had this amount of money in real life.

And she was about to become one of them.

She would leave this marriage with over twenty five million dollars.

I'd almost be able to buy Soulja Boy.

The thought absently crossed her mind as Luca opened the door of her side of the car. Valerie shakily placed her stiletto clad feet on the concrete and quickly she almost buckled.

Luca chuckled softly as she dug her nails into the side of the arm he offered to her, subtly looking around to see if anyone had caught her slip. Valerie blushed under his gaze, but found the courage to smile up at him.

A camera shutter interrupted their intimate moment.

Immediately Luca's smile disappeared as he looked towards the camera culprit. Along the walkway to the front door a small red carpet had been placed out and a group of cameramen were capturing pictures as guests arrived. "It seems this will be more than just a close knit event..." He grumbled, tucking Valerie's arm more securely into his.

Valerie's head was swimming with nerves and her stomach felt like it was a thousand jet jacuzzi. She knew she looked the part of a beautiful socialite, but would she pair up to the models that had been on Luca's arm before?

She found herself closing her eyes to try and shake the thoughts away, and Luca brought her impossibly closer to his side.

"You are stunning, and they can smell fear." He softly whispered into her hair as they approached the front door of the house, and even more so the full on gaze of the paparazzi.

Choosing not to be the weak link, Valerie straightened up and tried to walk as confidently as she could.

"Luca! Who is this?! Your girlfriend?!" One man shouted from behind the red velvet ropes.

"Beautiful! What's your name?!" Another one called loudly to Valerie.

"What happened to Caroline, Giovanni?!"

Who the fuck was Caroline?

"Who are you styled by, gorgeous?!" A woman projected like the rest.

Taking this chance to name drop Annalise, Valerie stopped walking— but Luca didn't. This offset her balance on those godforsaken too tall heels and the next thing she knew she was heading straight for the carpet. It was as if she was falling in slow motion, a million gasps seemed to chorus around her.