bonus chapter 03

"Ma, I can't breathe. I have two big headed babies growing inside of me, so if that lady comes in here and tells me to suck in another time... I'm gon' do some to her!"

Valerie ranted with fiery annoyance to her mother as she stood in front of the mirror. She glared at her own reflection as she took herself in.

It was her wedding day.

And her wedding gown wouldn't zip.

It was the price she was paying for being a whore of a bride that was well past knocked up.

But, shit, she was knocked up by a rich boy who was absolutely obsessed with her.

A win is a win.

However, at this moment it didn't quite feel like a win. No, not when the bodice of her perfect ivory gown was loosely pooling on top of her six month pregnant belly. If she was carrying just one Giovanni child and was this size, that would've meant she was just mere moments away from delivery.

But no, Valerie was only growing bigger each day.

"It's okay, sweetheart. The seamstress is on her way..." Jean, Valerie's mother, tried to soothe her fuming daughter. But with the way her face looked in the reflection of the mirror, Valerie knew her dress might as well have busted open down to her ass crack.

Valerie shook her head with her hands on her hips. It took everything in her for her to not sink to her knees to the ground.

She felt the sting of tears springing up near her eyes.

"Ma, I knew this was a bad idea..." She began to rant again, this time a sorrowful tremble in her voice.

"We have fuckin' every news outlet in New York state here and I'm a fuckin' beached beluga whale! Luca told me that we should do something small, but I told him stop tryna hide me away! I wanted to be Beyoncé, but I'm fuckin' huge!!!" Valerie exploded next. The pregnancy hormones making her dramatics to the power of 100.

"Valerie, hush!" Jean cut in, wrapping a pink shawl around her daughter's shoulders as they waited for the seamstress to arrive. She pressed Valerie's head carefully towards her chest, and Valerie melted into her mother's embrace. A frustrated huff leaving her lips.

"Beyoncé went through the same thing with her pregnancy. She was very vocal about her weight gain." Her mom went on to say. Valerie had closed her eyes, taking deep breaths as she listened to her mother.

"I don't want to be pregnant Yoncé. I need to be looking like 'I'm so hungry' Beyoncé." Valerie continued to mope, quoting a line from Beyonce's Coachella documentary.

"What?" Her mother asked, the reference totally flying over her head.

Valerie laughed, opening her eyes and breaking their embrace. She went back to looking in the mirror, making sure she didn't mess up her hair from the hug.

"Don't worry about it, ma. It's not important—"

The doors of the hotel suite they were in opened which cut Valerie off mid sentence. Followed by her gaudily dressed wedding planner, there was a small East Asian woman dressed in all black. She carried an equally small lavender box. Her wedding planner, Wanda, gestured to Valerie with both hands.

"Miss Stevens, this is Renee, she is the seamstress that will be taking care of you. She was sent with high regard from Annalise." Wanda introduced the woman. Valerie smiled at Renee and held her hand out to her, when Renee took it, she gave her a meaningful squeeze.

"Thank you so much for coming on such short notice. I only trust Annalise to send me the best." Valerie greeted the woman warmly. Renee's eyes lit up. "Thank you, Miss Stevens. Please, let me see the problem."