cuatro.

Late at night, maybe at about 2 o'clock in the morning.

Valerie finally broke her silent stand off against the foreign contract from Luca that sat on her nightstand.

Turning on her bedside lamp, and grabbing her geeky spectacles that helped her see a trillion times better, Valerie started reading exactly what this crazy marriage consisted of. If she accepted.

It read as so:

To whom it may concern,

Luca Don Vialessio Giovanni has expressed interest in you becoming his wife. This marriage, if you choose to follow through, will be completely conditional. No emotional feelings involved. If you choose to agree you will only be obligated to one year of marriage, then you will divorce Mister Giovanni. There will be no claims for his property. This includes all monetary assets.

At the end of the marriage you will be awarded one million dollars for your services. All contact with Mister Giovanni will be cut off, and if this is challenged please expect lawful actions taken against you.

The circumstances the marriage was founded on will also be kept undisclosed throughout the duration of it, and until both parties' mortal end. This contract entails a vow of silence. If you do go public with this very sensitive information it will result in lawful actions taken against you.

During the marriage you will be expected to do "typical" wifely duties. This includes:

*Sexual intercourse.

*One home cooked meal on a weekly basis on the day of your choosing.

*Keeping up your appearance. (groomed hair and nails no matter the circumstances)

A weekly allowance of five hundred thousand dollars will be awarded to you for these things. Any money not spent during that time period is yours to keep.

The five hundred thousand dollars will not add up to or take away from the a million dollars that you'll receive at the end of your year of marriage.

Things that will not be tolerated during the marriage if you choose to accept are:

*Adultery. No extra marital affairs will be tolerated or the contract will be immediately terminated and all monies must be returned or face lawful actions taken against you.

*Disobedience. It is expected of you that you will not be disrespectful to Mister Giovanni, nor will you embarrass him. Publicly or privately.

*Dominance. As the wife in this union, if you choose to accept, you will be expected to submit fully, at all times, to Mister Giovanni.

Please do know that if you have any questions about this take it up with Luca Don Vialessio Giovanni, and him only.

Signature of prospective Wife. (if proposition is accepted.)

__________________________

Signature of Luca Giovanni.

__________________________"

The contract ended right there and Valerie was absolutely disgusted.

What the hell does this man think her to be?

Desperate as hell and dumb.

She was definitely was desperate, but she wasn't dumb.

It was the coldness of the contract that was so off putting for her. She doesn't know what she expected, but definitely not that.