siete.

Valerie resisted the urge to pull her hand away from him just to spite him.

"Well, good. I didn't care if you thought my dress was too short anyway." Valerie cut her eyes at him, laughing on the inside when he returned with a scalding glare.

Luckily, she'd received her fair share of glares. None from men who exuded as much sex and pure power as Luca did from him, but men nonetheless. The car was silence in the car was deafening. Anger was radiating from Luca.

When he said he was a control freak, he definitely wasn't bullshitting.

He was also a business man, so she knew he was calculating his next move and she had no choice but to be ready for it.

"You didn't. I was just letting you know, but since you must not mind me staring at that glorious ass of yours, I won't mention it again." The look in his eyes dared Valerie to challenge him, instinct told her to shrink back, and obey him. Valerie couldn't do that though. That would prove she was the dopey little submissive he wanted after all.

There was no going back.

"Definitely. Everyone wants to look, no one can touch."  Valerie hotly retorted, then she turned her body towards her window; which caused her dress to ride up her thigh. She didn't bother to pull it down either, just because she knew Luca was watching her. It oddly turned her on, she didn't know what was happening to her.

Their hands were still intertwined.

The car smoothly came to a stop and Brian promptly got out of the front seat and opened Valerie's door first. She carefully slid out of the car, making sure not to embarrass herself and give Luca a peep show that she was sure he'd enjoy.

Brian offered his services of helping bring in the food, but Valerie declined. She hated feeling like she couldn't do for herself, and Brian had helped so much already.

She went to the trunk of the car to grab one of the tins of food, but Luca rudely shoved her away and took all three tins of food she'd brought into his arms. He didn't even bother to look back at her as he walked up the stairs of her parents' house.

Valerie was so not used to being helped.

She wanted to throw fit just because he did most of the work even though he was helping her!

Luca looked so good standing up on the porch, and although Valerie felt a little humiliated running behind him to ring the door bell. Seeing him in such a domestic setting, carrying food to her fucking parents' door on Thanksgiving, just made him seem more warm. It made her want to spend more holidays with him... more days in general.

Anything that could get her closer to running her hands through his ha—

The loud screeching of one of the dining room chairs scraping across the hard wood flooring of the house snapped Valerie out of her trance, Luca was facing forward but the ghost of a smirk on his face let her know he took note of her oogling. Two seconds later, Valerie's mother appeared.

Her face paled to the utmost extent, and that's saying something since she was a dark mocha color. "Oh Lord! Valerie brought a man home!" She squealed girlishly and Valerie restrained herself from rolling her eyes.

Choruses of "A man?!" could be heard throughout the house.

Suddenly there was a flurry of commotion inside the house and everyone was cramming to get a glimpse outside of the door. Valerie's face burned with embarrassment as she and Luca stood lamely at the door because no one would move aside to let them in.

"Maybe, if you guys would let us in y'all could meet him formally." Valerie dryly suggested and everyone froze, and slowly the door was opened wider for them. Luca nodded his head for her to enter before him, Valerie wanted to protest, but the threat of him winning a stand off in front of her family was too great.