VIX. what could he do wrong in half an hour?

0009

0009. | WHAT COULD HE DO
WRONG IN HALF AN HOUR?

Frank had a nervous disposition. He often got stomachaches or became ill, and he was even lactose intolerant. Apparently it didn't matter that his blood flowed with the DNA of the god of war and thrived off of violence, because even the whisper of a cold wind was enough to shock his immune system into adopting the flu.

He was also often stricken with anxiety and nerves. A butterfly could make Frank Zhang jump if met with the right circumstances.

That wasn't to say that Frank wasn't built for demigod life. He could carry the standard legionnaire army better than any Roman, and although he might not have been a quick thinker, he thought long-term. Frank might not win a battle, but he'd win the war.

He supposed that sort of thinking came from his grandmother. Just like her, Frank thought in the long run, he just really hoped that a talent like that would be useful in the quest he had been given. Frank was sure he'd be as grey haired as his grandmother by the time he was done with this quest, already he was feeling the stress like the burden of the sky on his shoulders. At least with Percy and Fluffy, he'd be in good company. Fluffy with his almost ashen grey fur that still held the warmth of brown in the strands, and Percy who had a thick grey stain in his black hair right at the very front, unmissable, and immovable.

Of course grey hair wasn't Frank's greatest priority, but it was surely one of them. One of his current was the limited militarised navy of Camp Jupiter. How could he complete this quest and earn his grandpa-grey hair if the legion's sole navy was a single rickety boat?

San Francisco Bay was full of salty sea air, and whilst Percy was breathing it in like ecstasy, Frank was trying to ignore the scratchiness in his throat because he was sure coughing his lungs up would not make him look cool in front of Hazel.

          Honestly though, that didn't seem like too much of a problem—not because Frank was very suave, but because Hazel looked a little green in the gills at the sight of the ocean, as did Fluffy. Frank recalled dogs didn't like water, but he wasn't sure what was up with Hazel.

"Um..." Percy scratched the back of his neck as he scoped out the place. "You guys know what we're looking for?"

          Hazel and Frank both shook their heads, as did Fluffy, though Frank had made an assumption that Percy hadn't been speaking to the wolf. But then again, who knows, it wasn't as if Frank had never spoken to Fluffy. Even in his stunted wolf form, Fluffy seemed an easy guy to talk to, but Frank was also a dog-person so he was definitely biased.

"I didn't even know we had a navy." Hazel murmured, and as sweet as she was (and as sweet as Frank thought her to be), she wasn't that comforting to their optimistic hopes for a yacht with a hot tub.