VI. the great schism will occur, let it be done

0006

0006. | THE GREAT SCHISM
WILL OCCUR, LET IT BE DONE

Will Solace's day was not the bag of sunshine and rainbows he had been hoping for.

Will wasn't a particular optimist like most children of Apollo were, or at least assumed to be. Rather, he was quite a pessimist, though he liked to believe that this led him to be more level headed and methodical than his fellow siblings who were terrible at stitching and suturing the wounds in the aftermath of Capture the Flag. Even the mortal Adonis was beginning to give Will's siblings a run for their money.

Although, Will would argue this sudden skillset to being as a result of Adonis having the best teacher—Will himself.

Will had taken it upon himself to teach the clumsy, beautiful boy medicine. He liked to keep their lessons on the low, though, because of Drew's teasings. He could already imagine what she would say about his particular penchant for beautiful boys.

He knew he had a pattern, and Will Solace was a surprising sucker for tall pretty boys with poor hand-eye-coordination. Adonis was gorgeous, and he might have liked him slightly, but he wasn't going to get ahead of himself. The last time he had fallen head over heels for someone, he had been forced to get over them after being rejected.

The truth was quite pathetic, actually, in Will's humble opinion of himself. He was still trying to get over the stupid boy Vela Starson, even years after their last romantic engagement. But time didn't seem to matter, Vela had a certain effect on people, and Will was left, two years later, still with the tingling feeling of his lips upon his.

Every time Will thought that he might be finally all right, and able to move on, the magnetism he felt to Vela would return, and he'd be left stupidly—hopelessly—gazing after him. It didn't help, either, to notice Vela's own certain obsession with the snarky Nico di Angelo who didn't seem to give a single damn that he had the immortal son of Aphrodite's attention.

Despite his jealousy, Will was also quite frustrated. He didn't understand what Vela might see in the son of Hades that he didn't see in him. Di Angelo was not funnier than him, nor better looking, nor smarter, so why did Vela like him so? The even worse truth was that it was quite obvious how much di Angelo loathed the attention he received from Vela and Will wanted to smack him across the face with a stethoscope for being so wilfully ignorant to whom it was giving him attention and affection.

This was another reason why Will had found such friendship in Adonis. He, too, had been disregarded by Vela for Nico di Angelo.

Admittedly, Will did not initially like Adonis. The last thing Will needed was the most beautiful mortal boy to ever live competing with him for Vela's attention, he already had enough competitors as it was.