IV. this isn't goodbye, it's a see you soon

0004

0004. | THIS ISN'T GOODBYE,
IT'S A SEE YOU SOON

          Vela woke up with Nico's head on his chest, and his cold hand planted over his bite mark like he was protecting it. He could hear his slow, quiet breaths as he slept, and with the rising sun breaking through the shutters on the window, Vela wondered if this was what Elysium was would be like.

But Vela knew he'd never be able to find out. He didn't know where gods went after they faded, but he was pretty sure that it wasn't the same place as heroes. Vela had visited the Underworld a few times with Nico, and he had a good relationship with Hades going that Vela didn't want to mess up for the life of him. But Vela had never seen Elysium, nor a place for faded gods which left him wondering where he would go once Nico passed away.

Vela had been back and forth on this idea a lot and he was torn. He had once contemplated begging for Nico to be made immortal alongside him, but then he realised how unfair it would be to force Nico to live for eternity just so that he could spend it with him. So that left Vela with one option, that when Nico passed, Vela would fade.

He wasn't sure how long he spent contemplating death, but by the time Nico woke up, the rising sun had risen. He grumbled and groaned, burying his head away from the sunlight which coincidentally hid his further in Vela's arms as he tried to fall back asleep.

"Morning," Vela said, clearing his throat. It always got really deep in the morning and for some reason made Nico flustered.

Nico grumbled something that he took as a good morning to you too!

Vela looked over at their clock. They'd been in Vietnam for more than twenty four hours which was way more than their standard allowance. It was a lot easier for them to be tracked if their scent was covered in a place for a long while. "Are you ready to travel? We need to avoid Asia and North America," he warned.

Nico groaned. "No..." he grabbed the bedsheet and hid under it.

Vela laughed croakily, "Come on, Neeks. Get showered."

When Nico said no again, Vela picked him up over his shoulder and slung him into the bathroom. He guarded the door until he heard the shower turn on.

Vela started up an Iris Message for Camp Half-Blood. He'd thought he'd at least let Beckendorf and Silena know that he and Nico were alive after he stopped their call so abruptly last night because of Nico's nightmare.

"Beck!" Vela shouted. Beckendorf was smashing a hammer onto a shield and the ringing on the anvil was making the room shake. "Beckendorf!" He shouted again and this time gained his attention.