XXXIII. some goodbyes are hard to say

0033

0033. | SOME GOODBYES
ARE HARD TO SAY

Once Annabeth left, Vela decided to check in on his pack. He hadn't heard any howls from Lupa so he figured that nothing horrific had happened, but Adrian was still out there and teaming up with the Titan army. There were still dangers to them and so he had to make sure they were alright.

He sent an Iris-Message through to Sonoma Valley, hoping someone would be standing in the temple to greet him. The vision lit up with sunshine and green fields. The valley was prowling with wolves and people and crops and nature. It reminded him of Pan's untouched reserves. He smiled to himself seeing it. A part of him missed it. He wondered to himself if he'd ever be able to take Nico there.

"Holy Lupa!" He flinched at the curse, seeing Lea suddenly pop into the vision. She had a hand over her heart and was glaring at him. "What the fuck is this?"

Vela couldn't help his laugh. "I think you mean, what the fuck is this, your grace."

Lea's eyes widened. "It's seriously you?" She checked out the back of the vision in shock and came back around with wide eyes. "How're you doing that?" she rolled her eyes but was fighting a smile. "Your grace?"

Vela smiled back at her. "Iris-Messaging." He explained. "Throw a drachma into a rainbow and make a wish, and presto." He gestured to the vision they were having.

She made an impressed face. "Very nice. No idea what a drachma is, but very nice."

"I was just calling to check in, is everything alright?"

Lea looked about and shrugged. "Yeah, all's good on our end, can't say the same for you, your grace, you look like you died." Vela glared playfully at her.

"Almost did," he agreed. "a few times actually. But that isn't really why I called; I need to tell you something, can you pass it on to Lupa?"

Lea's smirking face dropped into a serious one. "Yeah, of course." And so Vela told her about the arena, about Adrian being there and alive but most importantly, joining up with the Titan army. "That slippery-!" She cut herself off from swearing, seeing Charles and Meria running around a sunflower in the background. "Ugh, it makes so much sense now!"

Vela frowned. "What does?"

"Well for the past week, the Mother's been picking up loads of newly bitten lycanthropes - bitten. Adrian must be trying to turn people so they'll fight for the Titan army. Lupa said none so far have survived the transition, but it's only a matter of time." She revealed and Vela felt the burden on his shoulders grow even more.