III. dirty pyjamas vs starlight blades

0003

0003. | DIRTY PYJAMAS
VS STARLIGHT BLADES

            Silena Beauregard was a beautiful person. She had a mind filled by exquisite delight for the infatuation of love she kept hidden behind her head of ashen curls; aNd she had eyes that spun through every colour of the rainbow, but somehow always looked like the most delicate colour of lilac blue. It was no shock that Beckendorf was so head over heels in love with her.

         Even as she sat in her food stained pyjama bottoms and Charlie's gym shirt on the porch of Cabin ten, teaching Vela Ancient Greek.

        He was surprisingly good at it, even more so than the average demigod, as if it were his first language and not English. But what was most distracting was Vela's English accent. Silena was completely in love with it, it was so crisp and articulate it made Silena envious to hear it.

           But no matter how skilful Vela was at languages, he had terrible concentration skills. He just kept asking questions.

          "What's that?" He was pointing at the weapons shed and had that same look in his eyes that screamed he wanted to go investigate.

          Silena smiled softly at him. She couldn't help it. Vela was the type of person to latch onto your heart and never release because he was just so lovely. Vela radiated joy and happiness like the starlight that always shone from his smile.

          "That's the Weapons Shed." She told him, watching his eyes light up in interest. "Do you want to go see?" She knew she shouldn't indulge him, she had been told by Annabeth to teach him and with the Great Prophecy on the rise, they would need the knowledge Vela would supposedly bring. But what was life without a little risk?

          Even if it meant facing the wrath of the daughter of wisdom.

          Vela shot up quicker than Silena could comprehend and she had to take a moment to regain her composure over the boy who was jumping for joy. His feet were dancing and he was bouncing on his toes, being completely unable to downplay his ADHD. It made her smile. She was so quickly entranced by her little brother.

           Silena led him over to the shed that was just behind the Arena. She was still dressed in her messy pyjamas, but coupled with Vela's bed hair that fell in his eyes and grey sweatpants that sat low on his hips, they didn't look quite so bad as a pair. Though it wasn't strange for anyone to see Silena walking around in her pyjamas, courtesy of being a daughter of Aphrodite, Silena didn't need fancy clothes to look beautiful.

          The armoury was a lot bigger up close than from a distance, a lot taller, and wider, and dustier. Inside was stacked ceiling to floor with an assortment of weapons that ranged from hair clip changing bows to electric spears that Vela ran to immediately. He remembered a story of a girl with an electric spear shoving a boy into a creek.