5. Time gone by

I head back to Yu-Jin's office to get the rest of my things. She's already got everything set up for me and she smiles as I walk back in and greet her.

"Hey! How was it? I'm guessing good since you were there for a while." she says as she gives me a big smile. 

"Yeah, it went great. We got to talking and we got to know each other better. They all seem so great. I mean, I've been a fan of their music for a little bit now so I knew how they'd be to an extent. But it's nice to know they're actually so genuine in person too, not just on camera." I say. "They're really great. talking to them made me less nervous. Although, I'm unsure why I was chosen for this 'internship' out of everyone that probably applied." 

"Well, they wanted a foreigner. We haven't had the best luck with assistants in the past. It always ends up being a big messy situation in the end. They're so big here in South Korea that word always gets out on who the personal assistants are and people harass them and their families trying to get close to them. So we hoped having someone from another country who doesn't have any family here would help in that sense, I suppose. I hope I'm not scaring you." She says. She looks a bit worried as she's telling me all this.

"I suppose that's understandable. I can see why all the secrecy is necessary for something like this. I guess I just got lucky in the end." I muse. 

"I suppose so. Your resume stood out to me and after we spoke on the video call, I just had a really good feeling about you. I hope I was right." she smiles.

"I hope so too. I'll do my best to not let you down. I'm a long way from home and I would hate to lose out on the opportunity of a lifetime. I'll do my best." I reassure her.

"That's what I like to hear. Now, here's your keycard and your ID's for security clearance. Always make sure these stay on you, lose these, you lose your job. In this bag, there's a company phone and laptop along with the schedule for the next year. These are strictly for business related things. You are not to give your work number to any personal friends or family. Everyone you need to be in contact with has been added as a contact on your phone and your business email and I've gone ahead and given them your details as well. There is a file on the laptop with peoples names, numbers, addresses and official titles so you'll do well to remember that. There's a lot of important people on that list and as the official communications person between the boys and them, you'll be speaking to them quite a bit. Try to remember at least the top ten names for now. They are the ones you'll be dealing with most. The majority of the job will be working with just the boys but there will be times you'll act as a personal messenger of sorts for them when others are busy." She says and she hands me a leather laptop bag. It looks very expensive but I suppose I should get used to this. I take it and put the strap over my shoulder.

"Ok, got it. I'll start looking over the schedule and the files as soon as I get home. Thank you again for this opportunity. You really don't know what it means to me to be here." I say honestly.

"Don't thank me, just show me I made the correct choice." she says and she smiles at me. 

"I will. I'll get going now. Thank you for everything. We'll be in touch." I say.

"See you soon. If you need anything at all, please let me know." she says. I nod my head, walk out of her office and head towards the elevator. 

As soon as I walk into the elevator, I let out a huge sigh of relief and my head starts rushing with all these thoughts. Suddenly this bag feels like it weighs a thousand pounds. I'm second guessing myself. This all seems like so much. Can I really do it? I just don't know. I'm going to be spending most of my time with one of the biggest K-Pop groups in the world. This is insane, isn't it? All of this information is finally catching up to me and I feel lightheaded. There's no way they actually picked me. Why would they? She said my resume was interesting. How? There's barely anything on it. I just don't understand what is happening. Surely this is a dream and I'm going to wake up any second now...right?