48. Closure

Y/N POV

The whistling of the tea kettle brings me back to reality. All morning I've been so wound up and anxious. I was surprised when Jimin agreed to meet with me. After last night's events, I wasn't sure he'd ever want to see me again. He was so hurt and angry, it pains me to think I caused that. But after what Namjoon told me, I knew I needed to speak to him and apologize for everything. Even if I didn't do anything wrong and it was what I felt I needed at the time, we both need closure. I've moved on and I hope he can too.

I pour the boiling hot water into two mugs and place the chamomile tea in them. As I'm stirring the honey into the hot liquid, my doorbell buzzes. He's here.

I can feel my hands shaking. I'm so nervous about how this is going to go. But it's too late, there's no turning back now. I walk over to the door and take a deep breath before I tightly grab the doorknob and twist it open. I almost expect him to look at me with hatred and resentment but he doesn't. All I'm met with is longing and adoration. I didn't really get a proper chance to look at him last night but these last few years haven't aged him at all. He looks even more handsome than I remember, with his long black hair hanging above his eyes. He looks more muscular than I remember, more toned. His face also looks more mature. Time has done him well.

 Time has done him well

"Hey, Jimin." I quietly say. "Come in." I move to the side to let him and he walks inside without a word. "Would you like some tea? I just poured some." I offer. He looks hesitant, almost as nervous as me as he slightly nods his head. "I'll get it from the kitchen. Make yourself at home." I point him to the living room ahead of us and he gives me a tight smile before going to sit on the couch.

I go and grab the mugs and when I come back,I notice he's looking around, taking in his surroundings. He looks so nervous. He's bouncing his leg and running his hands through his hair. It makes me feel a little better that I'm not the only one dying to run away right now.

I walk into his line of sight and he gets up to help me with the mugs and puts them on the coffee table as I sit on the couch on the opposite side.

"Thank you for coming." I say. The silence is so awkward, I don't know what else to say.

"I have to say, I was surprised when they told me you wanted to see me." He's looking down at the hands, avoiding my gaze.

"How come?" I ask as I take a sip of tea.

"After the way I blew up last night, I was sure you'd never speak to me again. I'm not sorry for the way I reacted. It's the way I felt, in that moment. But I am sorry I took it too far. I'm sorry that the first time we saw each other in so long ended that way because I couldn't keep a handle on my temper. I came to apologize in person. That's not how I imagined our reunion when I thought about it all those times before."

"They were your raw feelings. You're entitled to feel what you feel. There's no use hiding it. After Namjoon and I came home, he told me about everything that happened after I left Seoul. I invited you here to apologize, too."