16. Only for the Moment 💦🔞

"You look like you could use a hug." Says Jungkook with a sympathetic smile. He walks towards me and takes me in his arms. I breathe in his scent of clean and musk and feel the tears well up in my eyes again. "Come on, noona. Let's go inside." He says as he leads us back to my apartment door. I nod and unlock the door, allowing us to get inside before I burst into tears again.

We take our shoes off and I set my bag down on the counter and go sink into the couch, Jungkook following right behind me and doing the same. He gives me a few minutes to reflect before he asks the inevitable.

"What happened?" His round doe eyes are on me, cautiously watching every slight change in my expressions.

"Nothing, Kookie." I tell him with a small smile.

"Not nothing, noona. No one looks this sad over nothing. Come here." He moves slightly closer to me and I do the same. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and pulls me in close. "Tell me. I'm here for you."

"No, Kookie. It's not fair to you." A single tear streams down my face.

"I don't care. Let me be here for you."

"I literally dropped you for him and said some horrible things to you. I'm not going to burden you with my problems when they have to do with Jimin."

"Noona, I don't care about that. I just want to make sure you're ok. You can't hold everything in, it's not good for you. Please, tell me? Talk to me, I'm always here for you no matter what it is." He says with a slight squeeze to my shoulder. I take a deep breath to center my thoughts.

"You know how I've been spending time with Jimin?" I start.

"Yeah." He nods.

"Well..." I drag it out, not wanting to get the words out but he beats me to the punch.

"You like him, don't you?" He asks, but it's not really a question. And I don't fail to notice his disappointed tone.

"Yea..."

"So if you like him, why have you been so sad lately? Why don't you ever smile? Shouldn't liking someone make you feel good and happy?"

"Not when it's one sided."

"He doesn't like you back?"

"That's the thing, I don't know. I told him I like him. And while he's never actually said those words to me, he's said other things that leave me confused and then his actions make those words invalid to me. I just wish I knew where his head was really at."

"What does he say?"

"Don't get mad, ok?"

"What does he say, y/n?"

"Well, he's said he can see himself falling in love with me, that he'd never change his mind about me and walk out on us and that he wants to be with me. But he's also said that he can't do a relationship right now because he's an idol and it would be too hard to give me a stable relationship and all the things a boyfriend should give his girlfriend. He's apologized for it several times but it just feels like he's reopening the wound every time. And then he..." I realize I probably shouldn't have started telling him about Siwoo and the conversation we had. He already looks upset, now he's really gonna get mad.

"And then he what? Spit it out." His tone was less than pleased. I took a deep breath and just told him, he'd find out anyway.

"And then I found out he's also seeing other people. I knew we weren't exclusive so I can't be upset but it still hurt. I saw him with someone at work the day of the company dinner. And then a couple nights ago, he admitted that he's seeing other women. He said he doesn't sleep with them though."