49. Decisions

Y/N POV

After Jimin left, I decided to get some work done. I had taken a few days off so I could spend some time with Namjoon before he had to leave again but I didn't really have much to do. He had a meeting today so he wouldn't be able to come by until later. He left early so he could give Jimin and I some privacy while we talked. I told him he could stay but he didn't want to intrude and he said Jimin might feel better if he wasn't here. I hated that he had to go, I wanted to spend as much time with him as possible since it had been so long since we got to see each other but he was right. Jimin and I needed to talk alone without anyone else around. Besides, Namjoon and I would have plenty of time to be together once the tour was over and I moved back to Seoul. A few hours without him wouldn't kill me even if it felt like it.

At about lunch time, my mom called me asking me to come by so I did. I finished my work right before she called and Namjoon still wasn't anywhere to be found. He wasn't answering my texts so my only guess was that he was still tied up in meetings. I didn't want to keep bothering him if he was really busy but I sent him a quick text to let him know I was stepping out but to let me know when he was done so I could head home. He didn't answer me until I was parking outside of my mom's house.

Me: Hey babe. I'm going to my mom's for a bit. Let me know when you're done and I'll head back home if you wanna come by. I love you.

NJ: Hey beautiful. I'm so sorry, things got tied up here. I have a few more things to deal with but I'll meet you for dinner, sound good? I miss you. I love you too princess.

I let out a loud sigh and got out of the car and started walking to my mom's house. I hadn't been able to visit her in a couple weeks since work had me occupied until the late night hours most days. I walk in the house and I'm greeted by the smell of her home cooking and the sound of her and my brother arguing.

"Alright, ma! Can you drop it already?" he huffs.

"Don't talk to her like that." I say before mom can say anything else.

"You don't even know what we're talking about." he says as he rolls his eyes.

"I don't need to, you're being rude."

"She's trying to get me to break up with Daniela."

"Don't really care. Don't really like her so it's whatever." I shrug.

"What? Seriously? You too?" he seems a little sad but not surprised.

"She's rude as hell, Jay. She acts like she's hot shit. Every time I come and she's here, she eyes me up and down with a stank face. And she never offers to help mom when she's cooking or cleaning up after. It's common courtesy to offer at least. I just get bad vibes from her. Where'd you even meet her? You didn't tell me."

"At the gym."

"Oh. I still don't like her. But it's your life, little bro."

"Could you tell mom that please?"

"I'm not getting involved."

"It's a miracle she's even here, Julian. Leave your sister alone." says mom.

"Yeah, why are you here?" he asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Are you serious? She's my mom too. I can visit whenever I want." I huff, crossing my arms at my chest.

"Yeah, I know that but you haven't been here in weeks. I was starting to think you moved back to Korea." he joked.

"Yeah...about that..."

"Sorry, is that still a sore subject? Even though you're dating that one guy?"

"You're so fucking annoying. At least learn his name. But no, I have something to talk to you about so sit down with mom." I ask. They both sit in the living room.