20. Reunited

"Wait, are you serious?" I ask with wide eyes and mouth slightly ajar.

"Yes. Mae and her husband decided it was best for her to come home since things aren't as easy as she thought they'd be during her pregnancy. So we'll be switching your duties. She'll come back to Seoul and continue where you left off and you'll meet the boys in America for their North American leg of the tour." Yu-Jin explains.

Mae is in her second trimester now and the more her bump grows, the more she's having a hard time keeping up with the crazy hectic tour schedule. I can only imagine how much harder it gets from here, it makes sense why her and her husband decided she'd come back home.

The boys have been gone almost three whole months now. It's been so lonely without them so I'm so excited to be going to see them. I kind of want to surprise them though since their sentiments mirror mine when I tell them how much they're missed through text.

"Can we keep this between us? I want to surprise them when I get there." I ask.

"Of course. From my understanding, Sejin says they talk about you a lot. You all have formed a great bond in a short time. I'm glad this worked out for the best." She smiles.

"Me too. So when do I have to leave?" I ask.

"Tomorrow night. It's a late night flight. I have your boarding and flight information, I'll forward it all to you."

"Great, thank you. What stop are we going to first?"

"Los Angeles. There's 4 shows and the boys will have a little break after that so you'll be there for about two weeks. Unless of course you want to go somewhere else or they do and need you to come along." She says as she hands me a lanyard with some badges. "These are for security clearance to the venues and the hotels. Don't lose them. I'll have Lily go with you also so make sure you also give Lily her badges. Everything you'll need is in your itinerary. Have a good trip, y/n." She says with a smile. I politely thank her and bow before leaving out of her office and going to find Lily.

I'm practically skipping down the hall on my way to styling to find Lily. I'm so happy I'll get to see Jungkook again. Hell, I'm just so happy to be able to see them all. I miss them so much. I finally make it to the room where she's working with some stylists, helping them with supplies and ordering and I walk over to her with a huge smile.

"What's gotten into you?" She asks.

"Pack your bags, we're going to the States." I say as I hand her the badges.

"Wait, what?" She says while putting some books down on a desk.

"Yu-Jin is switching us with Mae. We leave tomorrow night."

"Holy crap, we get to go on tour?!" She exclaims.

"Yup! I'll pick you up and we can head to the airport together."

"Great! I can't wait!" She says excitedly.

I don't think I've ever seen her this happy or smiley before. Lily is an intern here also. She came from New York and has been here only a few months longer than me. We instantly bonded when we met because of where we came from and while our lives were very different, they were also very similar in some ways.

Lily is my age and also has a single mom who cared for her and her two sisters. She's the middle child and the one that gave her mom less problems, according to her. Her older sister is Nicole, Nik for short and she's 3 years older. Her younger sister is Chloe and she's 5 years younger. Nik was in and out of rehab from the time she was 15 and Lily had to step up and help her mom take care of Chloe. Once Lily was old enough, she got a job to help her mom pay for Nik's various rehab stints and the bills. It was hard for a long time. She worked her butt off to be able to get a full ride scholarship so that her mom wouldn't have to worry about paying tuition and that's exactly what happened. She got a full ride, including room and board and worked her entire university career and gave all the money to her mom to pay the bills. She worked so hard and graduated with honors, her and her mom's dream come true. Nik has been out of the picture for years and now Chloe is following in Lily's footsteps. I know it's been hard on her being away from home but she's looking at the bigger picture. The sooner she can work up the ranks, the sooner she can start making real money and be able to really lift her mom out of the never-ending paycheck to paycheck cycle.