9. Reflections

Y/N's POV

I get inside my apartment and text Jimin I made it home safe. Today was like out of a dream. I never thought I'd be spending my birthday with one of the most popular people on the planet. It's insane. I come down from my euphoric high and go wash up and do my night routine. About an hour has passed by now and it's pretty late, it's past midnight. I take a look at my phone again and see Jimin responded.

"Guess he really meant it when he said he wanted to be friends

"Guess he really meant it when he said he wanted to be friends." I think to myself. It makes me happy to think he wants to be friends with me. He seems sincere and he's just makes me feel so comfortable. Being around him feels...nice. Just then my thoughts are interrupted by a knock at my door. As I get up, I look out my window and see its pouring rain outside. "It's so beautiful from here." I think as I walk to the door. 

I open it and much to my surprise, its Jungkook. He's drenched from head to toe.

"What are you doing here? And why are you wet? Weren't you with Jimin?"

"Can I come in?" he asks. I'm annoyed that he won't answer anything but nod and step aside to let him in. I grab a towel for him as we go into the living room. 

"Here. Now are you going to tell me what you're doing here?" I ask.

"I was supposed to come by, remember?" 

"I cancelled that, remember?" 

"Well, I don't accept that."

"You can't just not accept it. I told you something came up. It's late, you should go home." 

"Something as in Jimin? Why couldn't you just tell me that?"

"For what? So you could blow up like you did earlier? Nothing happened then and nothing happened now. He took me to dinner. Is it wrong for me to have friends?" I ask getting irritated.

"I didn't say that." he said, averting my gaze.

"You didn't have to. Jungkook, you and I are not a thing. We just met. We had a night of fun and it was great but you can't use that as an excuse to act like this. I'm a grown adult, I'm single and I'm allowed to hang out and talk to whoever I want. You don't know me and you don't own me just because we had sex." 

"I know. I know...I'm sorry. You're right. I didn't mean to blow up like that its just, I really like you. I know we just met but I feel something for you. I know it's really early, but I want to get to know you better. I just, I don't know how to do this." he chuckles in frustration as he roughly runs his hands through his wet hair.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Do something other than a fling. I've been working since I was thirteen. I haven't had a relationship since I was a kid. I don't know how to do something other than a one night stand." he says, looking down at the floor the whole time. At that moment, I really do feel for him. He doesn't know what a normal relationship between two people is supposed to be like. Being in the spotlight is what he's used to, it's all he knows.