CHAPTER 5

Vote, Share and Comment 💕 

QOTD: Prioritize your peace.

ROMY:

I moved slightly, why is my alarm not ringing? My brows furrowed slightly, I opened my eyes to find myself in my guest bedroom, I was sleeping to the right most corner of the name. I looked to my side to find Cassie being held tightly in her sleep by Andy.

Looking at them I'm reminded of last night's activities and a blush rises to my cheeks. I kiss Cassie on her forehead and get out of bed and suddenly it hits me that it is Monday. 

I'm supposed to be at work. shit. My boss just might eat my head for breakfast. I run into my room and take the quickest shower of my life. I decide to skip on my make-up routine except my eyeliner and quickly make precise cat-eye, thank the make-up goddess I was one of those people who could line their eyes precisely without much difficulty. 

I open my closet and grab the first suit I lay my eyes on and struggle to put it on while searching for my phone. I remember I must've left it in my purse when we went out.

I rush and put on some heels and practically sprint to my phone and see that there were so many texts and calls from one person. Marcus. God can't he leave me alone?

I punch in my boss's number frustratedly.

"Mel? I'm gonna be a little late than usual." I blurt out without giving an excuse, I brace myself for a yelling. 

"Oh how late?"

"thirty minutes tops." I answer biting my lip. Mel was the most understanding boss I could've asked for, but not being punctual was one of her pet peeves. 

"That's fine. Make sure you're here in thirty minutes though." She cuts the call without allowing me to respond.

"That's strange." I mutter to myself.

Mel ran her own publishing company. I worked directly under her. Melissa Monroe started her own publishing company at thirty-nine years old, Now, at sixty-five her company was one of the most renowned companies, known for their quality product and strong work ethic and positive work atmosphere, Monroe Publishing was Melissa's baby, and it quickly became mine, my interview happened in the most unusual way, Melissa bumped into me at a cafe, holding one of their most popular publishing, The way to your star, which also happened to be one of my favorite books, I stuck up a conversation with her about the book, what was supposed to be a five-minute small talk, turned into a full blown conversation that lasted for over an hour.

She introduced herself at the end of it and asked if I was looking for a job. The rest was history.

I was her protegee. I was being groomed to take over her company after she retired. One perk of her never being married or having any kids.

I decided to wake Cass and Andy up, because it was a Monday, I took the liberty of barging into the door without knocking and found them entangled with each other.

I let out a sudden shriek, causing them to spring apart.

"You guys realize it's Monday right? Do you not have to get to work?" I ask, my hip resting on the door slightly. It was only then I realize how chill I was being with them being naked in my presence. 

"Yes Romes, we do know it's Monday, and we've taken the whole week off." Cassie explains wrapping her arms around Andy's neck.

"What about Andy's trip?" 

"I postponed it. It can wait." Andy snorted dismissively.

"Alright, you two lovebirds help yourself to anything in the kitchen, try not to make a mess. And don't be too loud. The walls are thin." I finish with a wink.