BONUS #1

Vote, Share, Comment 💕

QOTD: Have courage and be kind.

ROMY:

6 months after their run-in:

I smoothed my dress and looked at myself in the mirror, giving myself one last check before Marcus and I left to meet Cassie and Andy for dinner at their place. I was wearing an oversized green sweater and a tiny black skirt that was almost swallowed by the said oversized sweater. I pinned the front parts of my hair back with a black bow and skipped a heavy make-up routine by slapping on some mascara, blush and a pretty pink lipstick. I picked up my black shoulder bag and stuffed my lipstick and blush in it along with my phone and slung it over my shoulder and walked to the kitchen to collect the flowers I picked up in the market. I brought out the decadent chocolate cake I made for dessert along with the flowers and carefully walked into the living room so I could gather all my things once and for all before we left for Cassie's.

I realized as I looked at the clock that Marcus was supposed to be here five minutes ago and furrowed my brows feeling annoyed. I set the cake and the flowers down on the coffee table so I could call him but the door unlocked revealing my handsome boyfriend dressed impeccably in a matching green sweater, total coincidence and black pants. I smiled as he walked in with a bottle of wine which he set down on the coffee table and tugged me towards him for a sweet kiss. He grabbed my waist and squeezed as his other hand slid down to grab my butt. I giggled and broke off the intense kiss, knowing what would happen if I let him continue kissing me this way.

"You look beautiful my Darling." He cooed.

I blushed and quickly kissed him again before complimenting him.

"Did you notice that we match?" I asked with slight laughter in my voice as I once again gathered the cake and was reaching for the flowers.

Marcus swiped the flowers from the table along with his wine before looking at me pointedly as if to remind me of the time I dropped the dessert I made for our last dinner with my parents because I wouldn't let him help me and wanted to carry it all by myself.

"I love that we're matching, Darling. Maybe we should plan it and do it more often." He mused as we walked out of my apartment and Marcus locked it.

I laughed and realised he was being serious and melted into a puddle before answering, "Sure, we'll talk about this later hon."

"I forgot to tell you, that cake looks absolutely delicious. But do not be jealous, my Love. You will always be my favourite dessert." He said with mock seriousness as we walked towards the elevator, making me laugh.

It was easy to fall back in love with Marcus once we had gotten back together. We took the plunge and met each other's parents but it wasn't so easy. At least for Marcus who had a tough time winning over my father. But he managed to show my dad how much he loved me and how he was willing to put in all the work so I could be happy. I had a relatively easy time with his parents, his mom was elated that Marcus found someone who made him happy and welcomed me into the family warmly. His father however remained a little sour even after two-and-a-half years that Marcus broke up with Annabeth. It had cost the company quite a bit despite having strict a pre-nup in place. Anna and her legal team found all the loop holes they could to make Marcus' life difficult during the divorce. Part of that was the hefty sum of alimony Marcus had to pay. Luckily she demanded one lumpsum payment as opposed to a lifetime payment of a certain amount.

Marcus and I were just happy we didn't have to deal with her anymore. We walked into the elevator as I precariously balanced the cake in my arms while Marcus placed butterfly kisses over my neck making me shake and gasp.