EPILOGUE

Vote, Comment and Share 💕

QOTD: You are the brightest star.

ROMY:

2 years later:

I sat at the table with a polite smile on my face as my date chatted about his newest hobby. Paul was in his early thirties, had sandy blonde hair and blue eyes that gave him a friendly boy-next-door look. We met at a bookstore and texted for about two weeks before we decided to have dinner together. So far, it has been a pleasant date, nothing extraordinary, I didn't feel any butterflies as he held my hand or as he looked into my eyes as he spoke with me.

Every time my eyes met his blue ones, I found myself wishing that they were a certain pair of dark eyes I'd never fallen out of love with. I tried to avoid thinking about him at all and most days I succeeded. But on occasions like this, when I ventured trying to see if someone sparked a similar fire in my belly, I couldn't help myself. I found myself wishing it was him and I having a cute little date.

For the most part, I pretended Marcus and I never happened, I avoided any news about him. Even when Cass offered to relay information about him and his wife, I declined. I'd only accidentally seen his picture twice. Both times I was heartbroken for days after so I tried my best to not put myself through it. He never contacted me after that meeting in Mel's office. I take a sip of my drink and try to focus on my date's rambling. I bite my lip thinking of how I can get out of this date quicker and excuse myself to use the bathroom.

I stand in front of the mirror, retouching my lipstick and I quickly dial Cassie who picks up on the second ring, "Hey Ro, how's the date going?" I hear some baby babbles in the background and smile lightly as I answer her, "Paul's really sweet, but I just don't feel it, Cass." I sigh annoyed. She sighs with sympathy. She and Andy married each other about three months after my scandal in a small, private ceremony. It was elegant and whimsical like Cassie. Andy was just happy to give the wedding of her dreams to Cassie. They fell pregnant almost immediately, which freaked Cassie out massively at the beginning, but they navigated it with so much patience and grace. Their son Christopher or Kit, was the cutest baby I had ever seen. But I was his godmother, so I was probably a bit partial.

"I just called to vent hon. Please tell Kit I miss him and love him so so much." I hear Cass laugh lightly, "Yes I will tell him that, auntie Ro." As I end the call I feel a sense of emptiness envelop me. I was doing everything right, I was killing it professionally, I was thriving personally by consciously focusing on my welfare and I had a supportive family and great friends yet I couldn't get rid of the feeling of missing out on something important. I held my stomach, as if trying to feel that emptiness in the pit of my stomach. I give my makeup a once-over and walk out, having resolved to end the date and go home.

I'm hit with the biggest fucking sense of Deja Vu as I see Marcus leaning against one of the walls, on a call. He hadn't noticed me yet. I was stunned and contemplated running but found my feet were incapable of moving all of a sudden. I exhaled, placing a hand on my heart as I took in his beauty. Two years later, he was even more handsome, in a black shirt and trousers. I looked at my own outfit, suddenly self-consciously, I was wearing a form fitting black dress that ended just above my knees and I had accessorised consciously to give it a classy, chic feel. I ran my hand through my curled locks, as I hoped my smokey eyes and lip suddenly didn't melt off my face. As I looked at him, my eyes zeroed in on his left hand, his wedding ring was missing. A surge of hope ran through me which I quickly tamped down. He might not even want to acknowledge me. But that was quickly proven wrong as he turned towards me and met my eyes. His mouth dropped open slightly as he took me in, he swiftly ended the phone call and looked at me for a couple seconds as I held my breath in anticipation as he stared at me wordlessly before smiling and shaking his head.

He was before me in three strides and held my face in hands with a reverence that made tears well up in my eyes. With the same reverence he kissed me on my forehead and hugged me. I hugged him back, drowning in his familiar scent and found that the emptiness in my stomach was nowhere to be found. I felt content and at home for the first time in two years. He grabbed my waist as he murmured, "I'm home." which only made me cling onto him even harder.

We separated a few moments later, looking at each other. He was still holding my waist as he looked at me before saying, "Do you want to get some coffee with me?"

My mouth dropped open, wanting nothing more than to say yes but my eyes wandered to the place his wedding band used to be and his face relaxed in understanding. "I'm divorced and the baby turned out to be her ex-boyfriend's."

My shoulders relaxed, I looked up at him unsure and full of hope. "I'd love to."

He smiles in response and kisses me softly on the mouth. The butterflies kicked up a storm in my stomach. 

HELLO MY LOVES!

What do we think of the epilogue? Do you guys want some bonus chapters?

I think I've been stuck in a really weird phase for a WHILE now. I'm hoping things change soon. But how is your life?

Thank you for all the love and energy you've shown Romy. You guys truly inspire me to write. 

I love you guys,

Until next time,

-Sri ❤️