CHAPTER 14

Vote, Share and Comment 💕

QOTD: Life is tough, but so are you.

ROMY:

I wake up with a crazy headache, it made it difficult to open my eyes, but no can do. I pull myself up painstakingly, to see the time on the clock, 9:00 PM, I'd slept for about five hours. I wince lightly at the ache in my head and move to the medicine cabinet to find some tablets for my headache, I quickly walk to the kitchen and wash my meds down with water and sit down in the dining room chair, waiting for the meds to kick-in and help with the pain.

After what feels like an eternity, my head starts feeling better when I make a move to retrieve my phone from my bedroom. I see messages from Cassie, My mom and even Mel. But my heart sinks to the bottom of my chest when I don't see a text from Marcus. The urge to cry overwhelms me. But I tamp it down and focus on the rumbling of my stomach, since I feel too shitty to cook, I decide to order some food and clean my room and change the sheets while waiting for the food to arrive.

I splash some cold water on my face and move closer to the mirror to look at my face. My eyes looked red and puffy, my head was still slightly aching, my skin seemed pale, too pale. I exhale shakily and retrieve some under eye patches and moisturize my skin a little when the bell rings. I exhale and decide to take a hot shower after I eat and leave halfway through the skincare routine.

I close the door and open the box when the greasy Pizza smell hits my nose making my stomach rumble louder. I switch on the TV and put an animated movie, one with a happy ending and continue to stuff my face. I finally have my fill and put away the other pizza pieces in the freezer and go to my bedroom to take a hot shower.

I scroll through my phone and watch cat and baby videos on Instagram while I waited for the water to heat up. I see a cute video of a baby trying say words and my mind instantly forms an image of Marcus and I with a baby. I physically shake my head to delete that image from my head and continue scrolling through the phone knowing at the back of my head how pointedly I was ignoring my family's texts. It made me feel awful but I just couldn't bring myself to read or respond to them.

I leave my phone on the bed when I hear the ping  that tells you that water is heated. I strip at record speed and go into the shower and thoroughly wash myself and letting myself relax in the shower. I step out of the shower, wrapping a robe around my body when I realized I should've let myself soak in the bath instead of a shower. It would've helped. But it would've also given me way too much time to think things over.

I walk into my closet and grab my oldest and coziest night set and get into bed and grab my phone to set alarms for the next day. I see a message from Marcus and my heart stutters in my chest while I open it.

Marcus: I'm sorry I had to leave so abruptly Baby. We were having such a good time.

The text makes me smile but it quickly morphs into a frown when I realize he didn't mention why he had to go back. I type out a response hoping he'd open up to me about what's happening.

ME: It's okay. Is everything okay now? 

I wait anxiously for a response while opening Cassandra and my mum's messages.

Mum: We'll be leaving in two weeks Baby Ro. The tickets all booked, everything is sorted, Mrs. Sutton agreed to water the plants while we're away too. :)

ME: That's wonderful Mum. I'll come by to visit before you leave <3

I open Cassie's message next

Stinky Baby: Hey you! how are you feelin today?

Stinky Baby: Need me to come over? Girls night or something?