CHAPTER 8

Vote, Share and Comment 💕

QOTD: The way you speak to yourself matters.

ROMY:

I tossed and turned in my bed, three hours later, Melissa's words ringing in my ears. I struggled to let the dark eyed man out of my mind, knowing that he wasn't any good to me. I couldn't let go of the way he looked at me, wanted me, made me feel wanted.

I sighed and got up knowing I wasn't going to fall asleep anytime soon. I felt the beginnings of a headache forming from the lack of sleep and the stress of the day. A warm glass of milk will certainly help, I walked into my kitchen and started warming up the milk. I stood over the stove to stop the milk from boiling over and slipped into my own thoughts again.

I was surprised how difficult making this decision was proving to be, I was never confused about wanting to put my career first and had been unapologetic about it. Marcus had messed with my brain, and he wasn't the first male who I got attracted to, although at a lesser degree, I did meet and want many men but I never hesitated or thought this much about cutting them out of my life if that was the need of the hour.

But Marcus, he was an entirely different story. His touch, smell, his sheer presence was intoxicating, I was behaving like a love sick fool over a man I'd met all but two times. my nether regions quivered at the memory of the rendezvous we shared in the hotel.

I much preferred that memory, because even though it was incredibly reckless and unladylike of me to dry-hump a stranger in a public place, it was untainted by all external factors that acted barriers now.

I didn't know he was married, he didn't know anything about me, we were just two strangers with burning hot passion who wanted to satiate their thirst for each other.

I touch my lips delicately as the memory of his rough, lust-filled kisses crossed my mind. He was an excellent lover and there was no doubt about it.

I exhale as I cross my legs over each other, I could feel the dampness in my panties. "Argh!" I muttered frustrated. This was so unfair, one person was not allowed to this sort of an effect on me. It was messing with my capabilities. 

I turned the stove off and poured my milk into a glass and drew a chair and sat down blowing over it.

I couldn't let a man come in the way of my ambitions, a married one even less. I gulped some of my milk and bit my lip in contemplation. All I had to do was endure Marcus for a couple more months until the deal got finalized.

Then Marcus Gold goes out of my body, mind and life.

With a resolute mind and a full stomach, I head to sleep knowing what lay ahead of me.

================

WORD COUNT: 553

HI MY LOVELIES! The new chapter is up and chapter number nine will follow shortly

Thank you for 328 reads! It made me so happy. The progress is slow but sure, it gives me hope and motivation to go on.

COMMENT, VOTE AND SHARE

:))

- Sri