CHAPTER 24

Vote, Comment and Share 💕

QOTD: Prioritize your peace of mind.

MARCUS:

I stepped into the prison I called home and tip-toed around the house so I wouldn't wake up the devil asleep in her bedroom. After I made it safely to my room, I stripped down and turned the shower on. I immediately stepped into the shower, began washing the day's dirt off my body.

I was feeling alive today, after meeting my Love. She kissed me. We kissed. The thought made me grin like a lunatic in the shower. While it made me feel extremely alive, it also made me realise that I didn't want to keep Romy waiting for much longer. I wanted her to be mine in all the ways that mattered. I wanted to show her off to the world, be proud of her in public. And it killed me every time we had to hide away like we were each other's dirty little secrets.

I stood in the shower for a bit longer, letting my muscles be relaxed through the hot water as I contemplated ways through which I could divorce my wife smoothly. It frustrated me to no end that I couldn't think about anything through which I could get rid of her presence in my life.

I wrapped a towel around my waist as I stepped out of the bathroom. I open my closet and step into some sweatpants and slip into my bed. I open my laptop to answer some work emails as my eyes begin to flutter as I feel sleepy. I hear a ping as I'm about to shut my laptop down. I sigh and decide to take a quick look instead of postponing it for the next day. I crack my fingers and open to see it was from an unfamiliar recipient. That was strange considering this was my official email only available to a select few people to contact me.

I sit up, curiosity getting the better of me. It's a link to a website. Horror starts to seep into my bones as a bad feeling about what it might be set in. I click open the link with shaky hands, it's an article. With a picture of me holding Romy's hand and staring into her eyes. It was a picture of us from our first ever date. She was wearing that pretty pink dress that drove me mad.

As I processed this shocking article that listed me and Romy by name, painting me like an asshole for cheating on my beautiful, pregnant wife and my Romy girl as a homewrecker who was responsible for all of this.

My phone began ringing off the hook. It was family, friends and investors. All of them asked one question, "How could you do this to a woman like Annabeth?" In between all those calls, I missed taking Romy's calls, all 5 times she called I  was in the middle of trying to pacify my investors and get on call with my legal and PR team to do damage control. But it seemed like it was too late. Everyone of importance already knew. I didn't know what Romy was going through. I didn't know how I could even get to her without the press on my ass and hers.

I put a pause to all the other phone calls and called Romy. She picked up on the second ring.

"Ma-Marcus, I-I'm so confused. What is happening? How did this happen?" She managed to get out in between sobs.

My heart broke in two as I listened to her cry yet again because of me. I held my head as I soothed her telling her my people were on this and will find out how this happened.

"But what's the point of finding out who is behind this when all the damage has been done?" She sniffled. "How will I ever introduce you to my friends and family as an honourable man who loves and respects me? How? Now all the world sees is an asshole who cheated on his angel of a wife and his homewrecker side-piece."

I sigh and wipe the tears rolling down my face. "I don't know, baby. It breaks my heart when you cry like this. I can't think straight knowing I'm the reason for your tears."

"You didn't make the decision to sleep with me all by yourself, Marcus. We did it together. I guess I thought we could handle things in a quieter way and come out once the dust settles, but it's clearly not working out that way." My girl sounded exactly the way I felt. Dejected. Tired. Alone.

"Romy, I need you to trust me. I will fix this and then we can be together. Just you and I. I promise baby girl. But please, please just trust me. I love you and I will protect you and what we have with everything in me." I broke down crying.

"I will Marcus. I love you. I love what we share. I trust you." She whispered before she ended the phone call.

Hello my loves!!!!!

Happy New Year my sweetie pops. I've missed my little reader family so so so so much. I cannot begin to express how happy I am to share another update of this story that hold a piece of my heart. 

I have gone through a whole bunch of things, met so many new people. Cried and loved and laughed so much in my time away from you guys. (I am giving you a lil insight so you don't feel left out.) 

I took up my first big girl job, left my first big girl job and realized a lot of things about how I want to lead my life. I hope all of you have been doing amazing and are doing great, fun things with your time. (Leave comments about how life has been for you all. I love reading them and I can hopefully respond to some.)

I am so goddamn grateful for our reader family steadily growing. I am only hoping there is more growth ahead as I get back to my stories once again. 

I have so much to say, I hope you're ready for all of it.

I love you all.

Until next time,

-Sri ❤️