CHAPTER 22

Vote, Comment and Share 💕

QOTD: You did nothing wrong by asking to be treated right.

ROMY:

I had no idea how I managed to close the door and get myself into bed. I spent the day in bed, not bothering to eat, clean or work. I simply existed, and what a miserable existence it was. I don't think I stopped crying, at first it was long, furious sobs, it gradually reduced to silent tears soaking my pillow when I ran out of the energy to scream my pain. Somewhere between all this, I passed out of exhaustion and woke up to a concerned Cassie standing over my bed. "Honey, are you okay?" She asked as she gently sat next to me. I take a deep breath as I sit up slowly, focusing on Cassie.

I barely nod as she shoves a glass of water in my face. "You look really dehydrated. Drink up." I gingerly take it from her hands and take small sips while we both sit in silence. "What happened?" She asked, her brows furrowed in worry.

"Marcus and I broke up." I rasp while taking small sips of water. Cassie gasps lightly before snuggling up next to me and wrapping her arms around me. I finally felt a little less alone. A fresh batch of tears rolled down my cheeks as I leaned into her warmth. "I am so sorry honey, was this why you called this morning?" She mumbled, still clutching me in a comforting hold. I nod silently as I wipe my tears away and sniffle.

"Do you want to talk about it, Ro?" I put the glass of water on my bedside table before putting my head in her lap. She immediately started running her hand through my hair in a comforting manner, it eased the raging headache I was suffering with because of the endless crying.

I relay all the events that led up the heartbreak of the century while she soothed me and held me close, by the end I was a sobbing mess she was struggling to console. "Romy, honey you've got to stop crying. You're going to make yourself sick. I know it hurts and he's a bastard for breaking your heart, but you simply cannot lose yourself in this grief, I won't allow you to."

"I love him, Cassie." I whispered brokenly.

"I know that, and it's okay you're going through this difficult phase right now, but promise me that you'll always remind yourself of all the other wonderful things you have in your life when you feel yourself seeing no end for your sadness." She looked so determined as she spoke these words to me, usually, I was the one picking up pieces of Cassie's heart, pushing her to get back on her feet, giving her advice. It seemed very funny to me that we were on the opposite ends of it.

I smiled sardonically, "And what wonderful things do I have Cassie?"

"You have your parents, Andy, me, Waffles, your work, your hobbies. You have so many things Romy, You were a whole person before meeting Marcus. Now you feel broken and lost, but that doesn't mean you can't be whole again. Don't give up. That's all I ask of you."

Before I could respond she wrinkled her nose up and pushed me out of bed, "Grab a hot shower, I'll order us some food and we can watch Legally Blonde, Twilight and What a Girl Wants."

"But Cass-"

She held up a hand and pushed me into the bathroom, I heard her stomp away before chuckling to myself at her antics. I took a scorching hot shower, while forcing my brain to think about everything else except Marcus.

After a thirty minute shower I stepped outside to see that she had stripped my bed sheets and put on fresh covers, which I loved. It felt like a fresh start and I picked a comfy outfit and moisturized my skin and stepped out of my room to find her rattling off directions to the delivery boy about where to come. I smiled lightly and went into the kitchen to bring out some plates and set them on the coffee table. As I sat down picking out movies to watch, my phone started vibrating. My heart skipped a beat thinking it might be Marcus, but to my relief and disappointment, it was Andy.