CHAPTER 6

Vote, Share and Comment 💕

QOTD: Trust the process.

ROMY:

I was fucked.

I wanted Marcus, and I wanted him now.

My pussy throbbed as I watched him take talk about the merger, his dark hair slightly mussed, his eyes holding an angry glint in them, his jaw clenching and unclenching, all clear signs of stress and anger, but I wanted him. 

You see, Mel, Marcus, his assistant; Gavin and I were in the conference room at 9 PM on a Thursday night, still trying to sort out some disagreements about the merger. And it clearly wasn't going well.

This merger would give Monroe Publishing the necessary capital it needed to expand comfortably, without falling into a whole ass debt trap, in exchange for a little share of our firm to Mister Gold's company. Well, we were negotiating how much we'd give up, and Mel wasn't ready to give up much of it. It clearly wasn't sitting well with Mister Gold.

"Miss Monroe, I don't want to make this difficult for either of us, so I suggest we meet in the middle. Call for a compromise." Marcus was talking, his arms folded under his chest, laying back on the chair. We couldn't care less about how we were sitting. Gavin was sitting ramrod straight, professional and serious looking. Not even his hair was out of place. Is he a robot? I should seriously ask him what hairspray he uses to set it place. I NEED one of them.

Mel was sitting with her legs crossed, on the table. Listening to him and evaluating whatever he was saying.

Me? I was sitting Indian-Style on the chair, my hair pulled up into a bun as I waited for Mel's decision. Thank the fashion gods for comfortable pants. I took another swift glance at Mel, waiting for her response. This discussion was getting annoying, leading to nowhere and my patience was wearing thin. I wanted out of this place as soon as possible so I could go home and put no my vibrator to good use.

Speaking of vibrators, Marcus looks like sex-on-legs right now. Again, I probably need medical attention for all my thoughts.

"Alright. 35% is the most I'm willing to do. Do we have a deal?" Melissa asks him, one eyebrow raised. Her facial muscles look tense and her shoulders were drawn tightly, she was losing patience. 

I looked expectantly at Marcus when Mister I'm-a-perfect-assistant-and-use-magic-hairspray Gavin decided to interrupt, "But Mister Gold I don't think-"

He's cut off from saying whatever he has to say when Marcus holds up a hand quieting him. He looks to be in deep thought and he suddenly turns to look at me. His deep brown pools stare me down for a hot second and he turns away just as abruptly.

That simple eye-contact for that few seconds left me blushing. I bite the inside of my cheek and pray for the earth to open up as I notice Mel slightly narrowing her eyes at the state of my flushed face. Does nothing escape this woman? Ever? I lower my head and slip into

"We'll take it." Marcus's voice brings me out of my thoughts. I snap my head up to meet his face and find him staring at me directly. For a moment, it seemed like everyone else in the room ceased to exist. My mouth parts slightly, as if asking him to come kiss me.

"Well, that settles it. We can get our lawyers to work out the other details then." Comes  Mel's excited but tired voice. I turn to face her, give her a sweet smile.

"Yes, it's a pleasure doing business with you Miss Monroe, Miss Rogers." He looks at each of us, nodding seriously.

God just come fuck me already.