CHAPTER 12

Vote, Comment and Share💕 

QOTD:  We can ALWAYS start again.

ROMY:

The morning after was filled with various emotions. I was guilty of wrecking a home, but at the same time I was falling fast and hard for the dark eyed man who was still sleeping next to me. I was sitting up in my bed, covers pooling around my waist and my naked breasts exposed to the cold air of the air conditioner. A slight shiver passed through my body partly because of the cold and the reality of what I did setting in. I gasp lowly and get out the bed with a start, needing to breathe. I felt suffocated and out of control. I needed something normal and routine to feel better. I stood up and began to proceed with my morning routine, seeing as I woke up at my usual 5 AM. I quickly did my business in the bathroom while replying to some messages from work and made lists of what I needed to accomplish today.

I got out and made some quick breakfast and set my clothes for the day outside purposely ignoring the sleeping giant went into the bathroom for a shower.

I took a twenty minute shower scrubbing every nook and cranny of my body and stepped into my favorite fluffy towel and robe and stepped out hoping he'd still be asleep. I wasn't ready to face the consequences of my actions. Unfortunately, luck was not on my side. He was sitting up in the bed, his bed hair adorably sticking up in all different directions making me smile. He was rubbing his eyes and looked like and actual child and that made me giggle. How he reduced from being a big bad businessman to a big baby.

His eyes meet mine as he listens to the sound of my giggle. He gives me a lazy smile and opens his arms for me and I rush toward his embrace. I jump into the bed and snuggle up to him instantly feeling less tense.

"Did you sleep well my love?" His deep voice floats into the room. His usually deep and stoic voice had a rough, sleepy quality to it that I was starting to love. I hum content and wrap my arms tighter and bury my nose in his neck. He smelt like me. 

"Romy, Do you wanna take the day off?" He questions while drawing little circles on my back, unfortunately it doesn't help because I tense up and look up at him, inches between our faces. I smile and press a kiss on his cheek and sit up in the bed.

His hands instantly hold mine, I loved that his language of love was physical touches. I interlace our fingers before asking him why.

"I just thought we should spend some time together, the rollercoaster we've been was not an easy one for me, I'm still slightly in awe of this happening between us. It's just so surreal, Darling. I just need to-" He waves his hands around wildly with eyes wide and shrugs before saying, "-I need to make sure you're real, this is real."

My heart breaks just a little and I pout lightly while I consider it. I doubt Melissa will take my skipping work lightly, but I need this too. To take a break and unwind and get to know Marcus. I look up at him and nod while giving him a small smile. I get up off the bed and retrieve my phone, all the while I feel Marcus' eyes on my butt, which makes me smile. I was never one to look for external validation or reassurance about my beauty or appearance, but it felt really nice to know that the man I wanted so deeply was so affected by aspects of my body.

I quickly scrolled through my contacts and called Melissa. She picked up on the third ring, "Melissa speaking" Always business mode with Mel. I chuckle nervously and greet, "Morning Mel, sleep well?" 

"Rogers, what do you need?" She says not beating around the bush. I gulp and turn back to find that Marcus has gotten out of the bed and stepped into the bathroom. I breathe deeply and blurt it into the phone, "Melissa I wanna take the day off."