3- Birthday surprise, Part 1

ME
Why did I think that Henry, Charlotte and Jasper actually liked me? They're 17 year olds who have other things they'd rather be doing than hanging out with the new girl.

I sat in my room, having not talked to Henry, Charlotte or Jasper since they left me yesterday. The only thing that was keeping me from crying my head off, was my birthday in 2 days.

Yeah. My mom and I moved 3 days before my birthday. I actually had friends at my old school who I had known for months, but now, like always, I'm alone.

My one wish for my birthday every year was that I'd meet my dad, a deadbeat or not. My mom refused to tell me anything about my dad, thinking it was probably best for me not to know, but it turns out that I probably needed a father more than she would've liked.

At every school I've ever been to, I've had a male friend that I've looked to as a brother. He was usually my age or just older.

2 days from now, I was turning 17. Yep...the big 1-7. My mom still can't believe it. I looked at my birthday book. Every year since I was 5, I've planned every birthday in a book. Every page represents a different birthday. I've had a theme each year, ranging from princesses to pirates. Unfortunately, I hadn't thought of one for this year, so I decided to skip it and pretend it was a normal day.

"Mikayla...get dressed before you become late for school!" My mom shouted. Not wanting to piss her off, I quickly got dressed and raced to school.

HENRY
I feel bad for abandoning her like that. I needed to somehow make up for my horrible manners.

"Charlotte! Is there anything that I can do to make up for being a horrible friend?" I paced an empty classroom.

"I may have an idea." Charlotte smiled at me.

"Why do you have TwitFlash open?" I was confused by Charlotte's antics.

"Well...everyone has TwitFlash...so why not see if she does?" Charlotte clicked the search button.

"Mikayla Daniels...Mikayla Daniels...Mikayla Daniels...got it!" Charlotte eventually found the account she was looing for.

"Mikayla Daniels, 16, moves around a lot, doesn't have a dad, loves playing games...birthday is November 15th." Charlotte read through everything.

"Wait...November 15th? That's-" I looked at the calendar on the far wall.

"-That's 2 days away. Today is November 13th! I have an amazing idea!" I smiled.

"Wow...Mikayla is only 10 days younger than you!" Charlotte was shocked as she looked at the year Mikayla was born.

"Char! Focus!" I snapped her out of her shock.

"Anyway...why don't we throw her a birthday party? I figured that moving around a lot means that someone wouldn't always have a birthday party right? So why don't we plan and throw her a party, inviting a few 'special' guests?" I was already thinking of amazing ideas within the massive one.

"How do we know that Mikayla likes or doesn't like Kid Danger and Captain Man?" There was only flaw in my plan.

"I saw a picture of her at a Captain Man and Kid Danger convention a year ago. It was on her EnvyGram..." I admitted.
———
ME
2 days had passed and I was officially 17.

Like every year, I was awoken to the sound of my mom opening my bedroom door.

"Happy birthday Mikayla. I made your favourite. French toast with strawberry jam and peanut butter!" My mom handed me a plate with the food. It looked good.

"Thanks mom." I began getting ready for school, eating the breakfast I dearly loved.

Once I was finished, I made my way to school, getting to my locker.

"H-Hey...Mikayla..." Henry walked up to me, hoping to get into a conversation. I ignored him, knowing he wouldn't have known about my birthday.

"I wanted to apologise for leaving you 3 days ago. I want to know if you wanted to hang out with Jasper, Charlotte and I tonight after school?" Henry seemed hopeful. I knew that I'd really have no plans on my birthday, knowing that my mom would make me sit down and watch some old tapes of me as a child, so I smiled politely.

"Sure. I'd like that..." I nodded.

"Oh, just be warned, my parents are forcing me to go out dinner at 5pm, so I'll be there for an hour and a half, but after that, I'll be gone." He gave me a good warning.

"Where shall we meet?" I asked, curious.

"At my house. Be there at 3:30 pm." Henry gave me a friendly hug before racing off happily.