18- Calming the waters

ME
Ever since Henry ditched school to check up on me, he hasn't gone back, mainly to avoid giving answers he doesn't have. Obviously the school called his parents, but he avoided them as much as he was avoiding school.

As I sat in the Man Cave, discussing crimes with Charlotte, Henry entered the room, bumping into Schwoz who was in the middle of making an Android that could become anyone it came into contact with.

"Schwoz? Are you creating another Gerta?" Henry asked.

"Gerta?" I asked, confused.

"Gerta was the Android girlfriend I created for myself...but she ended up turning herself into a bird before leaving me." Schwoz pouted.

"Anyway, no. This Android will have the same features as Gerta, but will be used for undercover jobs and crime fighting only." Schwoz kept working.

"But this Android will also be manually controllable and auto as well. This means, that if the Android for any reason goes haywire, we can manually control it." Schwoz assured us.

"Well that's not just good for you." Henry smiled as he held my hand.

"Wait, Schwoz? Can I use it for the school issue? I mean, this can be the way I can convince people that I'm not Kid Danger!" I agreed with Henry.

"Yeah! If we transform the Android into Kid Danger, we can scan Henry's brainwaves and apply them to the Android, making Kid Danger similar to Henry, but not exactly the same!" I smiled, happy with the outcome.

Schwoz agreed, finishing the Android the next morning.
———
He scanned Henry as Kid Danger before transforming the Android into the sidekick. Once we were all happy, Jasper, Charlotte and I walked to school with Henry. It had been a few days since we last walked the halls of Swellview High.

"Hey...Kid Danger..." A few students smiled.

"I'm not Kid Danger!" Henry argued.

"Liar! We have the proof!" Melvin argued.

"I have proof that I'm not Kid Danger as well!" He smiled. I held his hand as Captain Man and a clone of Kid Danger appeared.

"Did someone say...Kid Danger?" Henry was shocked.

"K-Kid Danger! You-You aren't Henry..." Piper was confused.

"We both look good, but we all know that I'm better..." The Android version of Kid Danger was definitely conceited.

I pulled Captain Man into the janitor's closet.

"Dad...what happened with Bose? Is he ok?" I asked, worried about the boy.

"He's with Schwoz." He assured me.

"You really trust Schwoz, the man who likes to bathe in beans and eat worms, to babysit Bose, a 12 year-old who probably likes to get into trouble?" I was worried.

"What! Would you rather Jasper watch him?" He brought up a good point.

"You're right. Schwoz is the next best option. But please...get back to the Man Cave before Schwoz starts teaching Bose how to dress like him, cause I'm sure that Schwoz is sick of being the only one with his sense of style." I hoped that Bose wasn't getting into any trouble.

"Ok." My dad gave me a hug before he left the hallway with the Android, leaving the students to finally stop believing that Henry was Kid Danger.

"How could I ever think my brother was Kid Danger? Henry is too dorky..." Piper laughed.

"I'm not dorky! I'm just...unique." Henry was trying, but failing to uphold his slightly growing popularity.

"So. Is Bose ok?" Charlotte asked as she walked up to Henry and I.

"He's ok. Schwoz is taking care of him..." I was even worried about that idea.

"Well, at least we solved the problem...before it was too late." Jasper sighed.

"Yeah. We were one step too far." I spoke up.

"If the whole school was still convinced that you're Kid Danger, what would've happened?" Jasper asked.

"Ray would've fired me, since the oath I made was broken..." Henry sighed, seemingly happy that it never got that far.

"Well. Let's just forget that this day ever happened..." Charlotte smiled.
———
The school day finally ended, meaning Henry and I could unfortunately go back to babysitting Bose. Charlotte and Jasper had to go home, leaving Henry and I to work. We got to Junk 'N' Stuff, heading down the elevator, before the doors opened to reveal Schwoz, my dad and Bose covered in condiments.

"Please tell me you three aren't covered in condiments..." I rolled my eyes.

"It was Schwoz' idea!" Bose immediately spoke up.

"No!" Schwoz defended himself.

"Ok. Bose wanted a hotdog with ketchup and mustard, so I got him one, but Schwoz was in his own little world and ended up tripping Bose over, so Bose grabbed the ketchup and mustard, spraying Schwoz with it. He got me, so I joined in the fight..." My dad backed away.

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes again.

"Dad, you need to help Bose get cleaned up. Schwoz, you are going to clean up as much of the Man Cave as you can after you clean yourself up. Do I make myself clear?" I couldn't believe I was being such a mom in this situation.

None of them moved, expecting me to say something else.

"Now, people!" I shouted, causing my dad, Bose and Schwoz to jolt before quickly rushing off to get themselves and the Man Cave clean.

"You're cute when you're bossy." Henry wrapped his arms around my waist as he kissed me.

"Not now Henry. I have to do help Charlotte track down Drex." I kissed him quickly before rushing over to the monitors, beginning the search while Charlotte wasn't there.