13- Job at Junk 'N' Stuff

ME
Ray and I agreed that I would only have to stay up in Junk 'N' Stuff for 15 minutes before Jasper would take over. My 15 minutes were over, so I headed down to the Man Cave, giving Henry a kiss as I watched Ray paint a sculpture of his head.

"Jasper better not come back down here until his shift is over..." Ray spat as he painted.

"I dunno Ray. Jasper seems pretty invested in helping you out..." Charlotte argued.

"Well...there's not trouble or danger so I don't care." Ray smiled as he started to whistle.

As Henry sat next to me, discussing stuff for school, a message from Jasper appeared on the monitors.

"Hey, your mom is upstairs in the shop..." Charlotte looked at me.

"Why? What is my mom doing up at Junk 'N' Stuff?" I asked as I stood up. Henry followed me up the elevator, confused as we walked out from the back of the shop.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" I gave my mom a hug as Jasper smiled.

"Well, I was just asking Jasper here if you were available for lunch." She smiled as Jasper who watched us with Henry.

"Well, I'm sure my boss won't mind?" I looked over at Henry who shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, can I speak to your boss? I'd like to meet him." She smiled.

"Hey Jasper, can you call him up here please?" I asked, smiling as Jasper grabbed the landline phone that connected straight to the Man Cave. After a few minutes, Jasper hung up.

"He should be here soon." He smiled before going back to work.

"Maybe I should go back to work as well." Henry kissed my cheek before heading off towards the elevator, until Ray walked out.

"Mom, this is Ray Manchester, my boss, here at Junk 'N' Stuff." I spoke as Ray walked up to me. I could feel tension.

All of a sudden, a loud slap could be heard, pulling Henry back into the shop. Jasper looked shocked.

"Ray? Are you ok?" I asked as he held his hand to his cheek.

"Mom! What the hell?!" I was shocked by my mom's sudden action.

"We're leaving right now." She grabbed my arm, dragging me to the front door.

"No! Mom! Let go of me! No!" I struggled before finally being able to get out of her grip.

"Mikayla Daniels, you come with me right now." My mom gave me the stare.

"Not until you explain why you slapped my boss on the face!" I demanded.

"You really wanna know?" She was hesitant. I could tell that she was trying to avoid this situation.

"Uh, yes." I crossed my arms.

"Fine. Mikayla, your boss, Ray, is your dad." She looked away.

"Ray, she's your daughter." She snapped at Ray, still not pleased about being in the same room with him.

Ray and I looked at each other before looking back to her.

"Excuse me?!" Both Ray and I said in unison, shocked.

"Mikayla, can we please go before I say or do something I'll regret?" My mom asked.

I started to feel faint. My stomach was turning and I couldn't think straight.

"Mom-I-I...I think-I think I need-need to l-lay down..." I stumbled back and forth, my vision becoming blurry as my words were struggling to come out of my mouth.

"Mikayla, can you hear me?" My mom asked as I could feel Henry near me.

"H-Henry..." My eyes closed as I finally fell to the floor.

RAY
I watched as Mikayla fell to the floor, her eyes closed. Henry held her, confused and shocked.

"Henry, take Mikayla home." I demanded.

"Sure." He lifted Mikayla, leaving Junk 'N' Stuff as Jasper swiftly followed him.

"Ray? Where are Henry, Mikayla and Jasper?" Charlotte asked as she walked out into the shop.

"Back at her house." I watched as Charlotte raced out the door.

"Nice to see you too Erica..." I spoke, going towards the counter.

"I-I'm sorry for slapping you Ray. I was just...there was so many emotions running through my brain." She apologised.

"I don't care...but is it true? Is Mikayla really my daughter?" I asked, still not believing her.

"Yes." Was all she said before we both left the shop, me closing up Junk 'N' Stuff even though it was only 4 pm. I texted Schwoz on the way to Erica's house.