23- Once an enemy, always an enemy

Based on the episodes:
"Back To The Danger, Part 1 and 2"
———
ME
Piper and I had been in the Man Cave for most of the afternoon. Charlotte was sitting at the monitors, still searching for Drex, who had once again escaped prison.

"Any luck?" I asked as Charlotte pressed multiple buttons.

"No, not ye-" Before Charlotte could finish her sentence, my dad and Henry shot down the tubes, a bag over someone's head.

"Who's underneath the bag?" I asked, confused.

"We found him!" Henry pulled the bag off the person's head, revealing Drex, who was knocked out.

"You found Drex? How?!" Piper was impressed.

"Simple. Like the other time, he went straight for the Bakery district." My dad smiled as Schwoz brought out a containment unit that Drex was then connected to. Each major part of is body, his face, arms, legs, etc, where held to the unit by titanium bounds that were simply impossible for anyone like Drex to escape.

"Wow. He looks so weird!" I smiled as I wrapped my arms around Henry's waist while he was still in uniform.

"Charlotte, can you and Schwoz take ol' Drex, here, down to the storage room?" My dad instructed them. They happily took him down to the storage room.

"Luckily we don't have to deal with Drex anytime soon." Piper smiled.

"Hey Henry? Can you go get me some 8-volt batteries from down in the storage room?" My dad asked.

"Sure." Henry didn't bother asking anymore questions. He headed to the tube system and pressed his belt.

"Down the tube." He sighed as he was pulled down.

"So. Dad...what are your plans for the rest of the day?" I asked, sitting next to my dad who had now transformed back.

"Oh, nothing much. I'll probably catch up on some of the Dog Judge episodes..." He smiled. Henry returned 15 minutes later, handing the batteries to my dad as Charlotte and Schwoz emerged again.

"Wait...isn't the Time Jerker's time machine down in the storage room?" Piper asked.

"Don't worry. No-one can use it since the only person down there is Drex...and he's busy being held against a containment unit." Henry smiled.

"Dang damn it, Henry! These are 7-volt batteries! I specifically asked you to get 8-volt batteries!" my dad freaked out.

"Jasper, can you please go down to the storage room and get me 8-volt batteries since Henry doesn't want me to have vibrating soap!" My dad angrily asked Jasper.

"Who wants vibrating soap?!" Henry was confused. Jasper did what he was told and headed down to the storage room. After 15 minutes, Jasper hadn't yet returned.

"Seriously dad...who would want-" I begun my sentence as Henry put a piece of gum in his mouth, chewing it vigorously before blowing a bubble. Just as he popped it, the entire Man Cave power supply shut down.

"W-Why are the lights off?" Charlotte attempted to press the buttons for the light.

"Can you get the tubes working?" I asked as Piper was sounding scared.

"Hey Piper? You ok?" I asked as I walked over to her, trying not to bump into anything.

"She's never been very good in the dark..." Henry admitted as he put his gum tube away. I eventually found Piper, who sat on the floor against the couch, rocking back and forth.

"I'm sure the power will be on soon." I hugged her.

After 10 minutes, the power returned, confusing everyone.

"Well, that was weird." Henry helped Piper stand up.

"Uh, where is Jasper?" Piper asked.

"Oh no. He went down to the storage room to get the batteries for Ray." Charlotte panicked as she ran to the tubes.

"What's wrong?" My dad asked, confused.

"The batteries would've been in the storage room with Drex. The power outage would've cut all off power to the containment unit that was holding Drex, meaning he's probably escaped." I quickly realised the problem. Everyone quickly raced down to the storage room, me and Piper sharing a tube as Charlotte had a head-start.

As we all got down to the storage room, Drex was nowhere to be seen, whereas Jasper was taped up. I ripped the tape off his mouth.

"Thank god. I watched him turn on the time machine. He typed in the date 27/04/1989, 9:00 am." Jasper's information was useful.

"Dad. Isn't that the day my grandpa took you to work, and that's where you became indestructible?" I was worried.

"What the butt?!" Piper was confused.

"Oh my god, Ray! Drex is planning to stop 8-year-old you from becoming indestructible. If he does, everything here won't exist if the time-portal closes!" Charlotte panicked. I un-taped Jasper who got up and brushed himself off.

"Turn on the time machine! It's time to save mini-me." My dad instructed. Schwoz, Charlotte and I turned on the time machine, putting it to the same date, but 5 minutes before Drex's time so we could get a head-start om preventing him from getting to Glass Tech Industries.

"I'm coming with you two." I announced.

"No. You're not!" Both my dad and Henry argued.

"You stay here and help Charlotte and Schwoz keep the time-portal open." Henry kissed me before he and my dad jumped through the time-portal.

"I'm sorry guys...but I have to go and help them." Before Charlotte or Schwoz could stop me, I jumped through the portal, now standing somewhere in Swellview in 1989.