31- 4 years later

ME
As you'd expect, my mother's mind was not changed. Actually, as predicted, she was more in favour of moving me. The day that the truck was packed, it was hard.

(3 Years Ago)
The truck was packed. The house was empty. My mom sat in the drivers seat, waiting for me.

I hugged Piper and Jasper first. "Make sure you don't kill Jasper. I want to see him when I come back." I smiled to Piper, who laughed.

Feeling the tears form in my eyes, I quickly moved to hug Charlotte, who was already crying. "I'm gonna miss you Mikayla." She cried into my shirt, unable to hold back her tears.

"I'm gonna miss you more Char." I let a tear slip, not wanting to let go.

Hugging Henry, his hands moved to my waist. I kissed his cheek. "You'll come back right?" He asked.

"Of course I will, Henry. The moment I can drive on my own, I'll be back, just to see you." I spoke, causing Henry to smile. He kissed me passionately before letting me go.

Last, but not least, was my dad. He looked like he was trying to hold back his tears. "I'm sorry that our time together was cut short. I wish we could've changed her mind." He hugged me.

"It's ok dad. I'll be back before you know it. For now, just keep being the amazing superhero that I know you are." I hugged him more before pulling away.

Waving to each of them, I got into the passenger side of the truck, wishing that I could stay.

(Present)
The day I got my lisence was amazing. My first big drive by myself was to Swellview, where I visited Henry, Charlotte and Jasper. Of course, my dad was just as happy to see me.

I made it a tradition to drive to Swellview every weekend. It took nearly 2 hours, but I didn't care. I needed to see my friends, my boyfriend and my dad every chance I got.

When I graduated college, I actually got a job in Swellview as a teacher. So, I moved back. I didn't have enough money for a house, but when I arrived at Henry's house, I was shocked when I found out that Henry had moved. He was still in Swellview. So, I went to see him and within 24 hours, I had moved in with him. It was kinda inevitable, as we were already dating.

So, now Henry and I were two 20 year olds who lived together. He continued to be Kid Danger, eventually upgrading his name to Captain Danger, as he was no longer a kid. He'd work at his regular job as a teacher, from 9 am 'til 3 pm, but the moment he arrived at Junk 'N' Stuff, he was Captain Danger.

My dad on the other hand was doing better than ever. He continued to be Captain Man, but he also continued to run Junk 'N' Stuff. I'd help him every now and again, just so that he didn't have to worry about the shop while he was out fighting crime.

As for my mom, well, she's still living far away from Swellview. She knew she couldn't stop me from going back, but she kept herself dinstanced. She'd ask me to say hello to my friends for her, but when it came to my father, it was like they never reunited.

I couldn't even mention his name without her glaring at me to shut up. But now, I can freely say his name or talk about him as much as I want.

As I said in the beginning, my life was normal. I had a normal mom and my dad was out of the picture. But now, I have a mother who doesn't like talking about my dad, 3 amazing friends, a boyfriend who loves me and a dad who never wanted to let me go. That's my life. As crazy as it is, I wouldn't trade it for anything. My life is perfect, and I love it just the way it is.

Most people would be cautious and stay away from danger...

...but for me, danger is destiny.