30- Plan B

ME
Henry's plan, while smart, would probably be rejected by my father. We went to him down in the Man Cave. We only had a day before I was moving, and Henry had one final idea that would possibly change my mom's mind.

"Ray, if we tell her mom that you are Captain Man and that I'm Kid Danger and that Mikayla is indestructible, then maybe she'll reconsider." Henry suggested, causing my dad to laugh.

"You know that'll make her want to move her away even more, right?" My dad had a point.

"He's right Hen. If we tell her, then my mom will have even more of a reason to move me away." I agreed with my dad.

"Well, she does deserve to know the truth." Henry brought up a good point.

"So, are we telling her, cause we have 24 hours until I'm being moved again." I reminded the boys.

"Henry's right. She at least deserves to know, even if it doesn't change her mind." My dad smiled.

We now had the rest of the day to figure out how we'd tell her. The idea of telling my mother such a huge family secret was scary. There was a possibility that our efforts would backfire and she'd definitely move me away. No one wanted me to move away. Charlotte didn't want to lose her only female friend. Jasper didn't want to lose his table-tennis partner. Henry didn't want to lose his girlfriend. My dad didn't want to lose his only daughter.

This was our last try. Whether it helped or backfired, we'd find out.
———
Jasper had a plan. A plan that might be stupid, but it would work. It would ease my mom into the world of super-heros and sidekicks.

"Remind me what I'm doing again?" Henry asked as we sat in my house, waiting anxiously.

"You're going to pretend to hit me in the stomach with a bat, and her mom will think that I have a pillow under my shirt. I'm going to duck and you're gonna hit Mikayla as hard as you can with the bat. Her indestructibility will make sure that she feels pain, but it won't do much damage. Simple?" Jasper asked, finding the perfect pillow.

"Yeah. Simple." Charlotte rolled her eyes.

Within 15 minutes, my mom was home. My dad was waiting up in my room with Charlotte, who had no intention of watching the events play out.

"Hey Mikayla. What's the bet that I can make Jasper fall over with one swing of a bat?" Henry asked as my mom sat on the couch, watching Jasper put a pillow underneath his shirt.

"I don't know Henry. Just...don't hit me." I stood behind Jasper, far enough that it won't seem suspicious, but close enough that Henry's hit will impact me.

Henry went along with the plan. He attempted to hit Jasper, just like Jasper had asked him to, but he ducked. Henry's swing hit me like it was suppose to. Like I suspected, it hurt for a second, but I stood still, watching as my mom's eyes widened.

"Mikayla! Are you ok?!" My mom panicked as she jolted off the couch, running up to me.

"Yep. I'm ok!" I smiled, watching as she backed away, confused.

"W-What...what's going on? You barely flinched when Henry hit you. Please tell me you have something underneath your shirt?" My mom asked. I lifted my shirt far enough that she could see that nothing was there.

"Mrs Daniels, Mikayla is indestructible." Jasper smiled.

"Surprise?" I shrugged my shoulders, scared.

As if on cue, my dad and Charlotte walked downstairs, my mother's gaze landing on my dad.

"What the hell did you do to my daughter!" She screamed, worrying me.

"Mom! He didn't do anything!" I attempted to keep her away from him.

"What happened to you!" She held me by my shoulders.

"I'm indestructible. Meaning, I can withstand lots of injuries without being weakened. I can feel the pain, but it won't affect me." I explained.

"So...what if I..." She picked up the bat. I closed my eyes as waited for the impact. As I expected, my mom hit me as hard as she could on my head, the bat breaking in half. I sighed.

"Holy..." She could barely say anything.

"Erica, there's more." My dad moved closer, nodding to Charlotte, who grabbed a chair and smashed it over his head. He reacted the same way I did.

"Y-You...you're just like Mikayla." Her eyes widened.

"Yes. You see, when we met, I wasn't completely honest with you. When I was 8 years old...I was taken to my father's work for 'take your kid to work day'. While I was there, I was stupidly riding my skateboard within his laboratory. Going too fast, I accidentally skated towards my father's indestructibility machine, scientifically known as the Trans-Molecular Densitizer. Trying to stop myself, I pushed the lever in the process, turning on the machine. After that day, I had gained the power of indestructibility." My dad explained.

"So, you were...indestructible when we met?" She asked, shocked.

"Yes." He nodded.

"But that's not all, right Ray?" Charlotte asked, nudging my dad.

"Yep. Erica, do you know who Captain Man and Kid Danger are?" He asked.

"Kinda. I've heard about them. Aren't they Swellview's resident superhero and sidekick?" She asked. I smiled.

"Exactly. Would you like to meet them?" Jasper asked.

"What? What are you talking about?" She asked, confused.

Pulling out their gum tubes, both Henry and my dad chewed their gum and blew a bubble, transforming them into their alter-egos.

"Ray, you're Captain Man...and Henry...you're Kid Danger?" She was shocked. She backed away, unable to form any more words before passing out.

"So, did our plan work? Do you think she'll reconsider moving Mikayla?" Jasper asked.

"Considering she just fainted Jasper, I think we have our answer." Piper groaned.