28- Grounded? Maybe not

ME
Being grounded for saving Swellview is not how I saw my next two weeks. My mom was back, and still not speaking to my dad, who refused to let me go past the doorway in Junk 'N' Stuff.

"So. Have you seen Henry at all?" Charlotte asked as she stocked the shelves with more items to sell.

"Nope. Dad always makes him take the tube exits to get out of the Man Cave. I haven't even seen the Man Cave in 3 days." I groaned. I helped her move things, until Jasper walked through the doorway.

"Hey Jasper. How's Henry?" I looked up at him, smiling.

"He keeps falling asleep and talking about how much he misses you and how much he wants to kiss you again. Apart from that, he's doing ok." Jasper leaned against the counter that Charlotte was cleaning.

"I wish I could see him. Can you tell him that I love him and that I miss him as well?" I smiled as Jasper smiled back.

"Of course. I'll go tell him now." Jasper left to head back down to the Man Cave.

On a less exciting note, as I said, my parents had not said a word to each other. My mom stayed at home and rarely came to Junk 'N' Stuff. I had told her about my grounding, but I didn't tell her the truth as to why I had been grounded.

I was surprised when my mom walked through the front door of Junk 'N' Stuff.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I was confused. She rarely came here.

"Is your dad around?" She looked around the store.

"No? He's downstairs working. Why?" In all honesty, I feel as if he could be out saving Swellview with Henry.

"Oh, well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm taking you back to our home. I don't want you around here anymore." She seemed weird.

"What? Mom, I'm working." I informed her. She didn't seem to care though.

"Let's go. The faster we leave, the faster we get home." She held my hand as she took me out of the shop.

The ride home was deadly silent. I could tell that my mom had something she needed to say. She kept looking between me and the road.

"Mom. What's going on? You've been silent since we left the shop." I broke the silence, worrying that it was a bad idea.

"I never wanted to do this to you." She frowned as she unlocked the front door.

"Do what to me? What are you doing?" I asked, scared of her response.

"We're moving." She announced, my heart dropping.

"What do you mean "we're moving"? We can't move again! I've just made a life here! I have a boyfriend, friends who care about me and I recently met my father!" I argued with her.

"We're moving and that's it." She announced. She couldn't even give me a reason.

"I hate you!" I yelled, running up to my room. I slammed the door shut and locked it, feeling heartbroken. I had just gotten used to my life. I couldn't just move.

Hours had passed since my mom told me. She had tried several times to talk to me, but I couldn't listen to her. When 7 pm hit, I needed to go. I needed to get out of my room, or the house in general. Using my window, I snuck out and walked to Junk 'N' Stuff. I reached the front door and noticed that the light inside was still on. Walking inside, I headed down to the Man Cave. I had no intention of obeying my father's grounding sentence. Not when I could posibly be living outside of Swellview by the time it ended.

"Mikayla, you shouldn't be here. If Ray catches you-" It was too late. I saw Ray in my peripheral vision.

"You're grounded remember?" He seemed cold.

"Not for long." I let a tear slip.

"And what's that suppose to mean?" He crossed his arms.

"I'm moving." I revealed. He uncrossed his arms at my announcement.

"What?" He seemed upset.

"Mom told me that we're moving again. I don't know why. She didn't tell me." I sat down, my father sitting down beside me.

"You're not moving. Not if I can stop it." He announced, getting up.

"You know how stubborn my mother is. Once she's set her mind to something, nothing can change it." I cried.

"So what? We're just gonna let your mother move you somewhere else?" He asked.

"I even gave her the "I just made a life here" speech. She didn't care." I crossed my arms.

"You're moving?" I heard Henry's voice. I ran over to him, ignoring my grounding. I kissed him as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"If I can't convince my mother to let me stay, then I'm afraid so." I cried into his shoulder.

"We have to do something." Charlotte spoke.

"Be my guest. But I will warn you, you won't get far." I sat down, trying to hold back more tears.