4- Birthday surprise, Part 2

HENRY
At 3 pm, I left school early along with Charlotte and Jasper. We got to my house 30 minutes before everyone else. Jasper was in charge of getting the food I had prepared. Charlotte was in charge of getting the happy birthday banner up and I was in charge of overall decorating. I had sent out invitations to our entire class.

"So...what am I doing exactly?" Ray was confused.

"I've given Mikayla the time that I won't be available, so I've got my exit plan. You'll come at 5:15, with me as Kid Danger...and you as Captain Man." I smiled.

"And why am I doing this?" Ray was skeptical.

"Look. I really hurt Mikayla and I wanted to make it up to her. Besides, she's a fan of you and me and I figured that you'd do anything for a fan...I mean, you came to Jasper's birthday when I first became Kid Danger..." I gave him a good reason.

"Fine. I'll head back now and I'll be here, with you, at 5:15." Ray left my house, after making a flirty comment about my mom.

After 15 minutes, everyone was arriving, helping get everything, including music, set up. It reached 3:29 pm and everyone hid.

ME
As promised, I arrived at Henry's house at 3:30 pm. The lights where on, meaning someone must have been home. I opened the door, but as soon as I stepped inside, a bunch of people jumped out.

"HAPPY 17TH BIRTHDAY MIKAYLA!" They all shouted. Everyone from my new homeroom class had come to my birthday party.

"Happy birthday Mikayla." Charlotte hugged me.

"Oh my god, this is amazing. Thank you guys!" I hugged Charlotte and Jasper at the same time.

"Thank Henry. All of this was his idea." I watched as Charlotte pulled Henry over.

"Thank you so much Henry. You'll never know how much this means to me!" I hugged him for a while before letting go.

"Smile!" One of the girls spoke as she pulled out her canon camera. We got into a pose, myself in the middle, Charlotte and Henry next to me and Jasper standing next to Charlotte.

Once the photo was taken, we went back to the party, enjoying the songs playing on the speakers.

After an hour and a half, like Henry had warned me, he left, wearing his fanciest 'going out for dinner' clothes. We all kept partying, opening presents, and having fun, until around 5:15 pm.

"Did someone say birthday girl?" A manly voice spoke as the front door opened. I couldn't believe it. Captain Man and Kid Danger were at Henry's house and Henry was missing it.

"C-Captain Man? K-Kid Danger?" I asked, struggling to speak.

"We heard through the grapevine that you're turning 17 today! So, from Kid Danger and I..." Captain Man looked at Kid Danger.

"...Happy birthday Mikayla!" They said in unison.

"Photos?" The same girl with the camera asked. We took a picture of all three of us, Kid Danger on my left and Captain Man on my right. The second photo was just of Captain Man and I. The last photo was of Kid Danger and I.

Best birthday ever!

"Hey Kid Danger? How did you actually find out about my birthday?" I asked, curious.

"A boy named Henry Hart called the Captain Man hotline and told us that a very special girl was turning 17 today and he gave us the address..." He smiled before giving me a hug.

"I've been a fan of you and Captain Man for ages! I went to the Captain Man and Kid Danger convention a year ago!" I fangirled.

"That's awesome! But, I forgot to mention that Henry asked for a specific gift for you." Kid Danger handed me a poster of him and Captain Man, which had been personally signed.

"That is a one of a kind Captain Man and Kid Danger poster, signed by us." He smiled.

"Thank you so much!" I smiled.

"No, thank Henry, for inviting us." He smiled before hugging me one last time.

"And once again, Happy birthday from Captain Man and I." He smiled before leaving with Captain Man.
———
After the party was over, I offered to help Jasper and Charlotte to clean up just as Henry returned home.

"Hey! How was the rest of your birthday?" Henry asked as he smiled.

"It was AMAZING! I met Captain Man and Kid Danger and Kid Danger even got me a gift! Thank you so much for inviting them!" I hugged Henry, who seemed surprised and shocked in a good way as he hugged me back.

"Can I help clean up?" I pulled away.

"No! Go and enjoy the rest of your birthday with your mom!" Charlotte insisted.

I walked next door and opened the front door.

"How was your birthday darling?" My mom hugged me.

"AMAZING! I met Captain Man and Kid Danger and Kid Danger even got me a gift!" I smiled.

"Well. That seems like an amazing day to me. Happy birthday honey." My mom hugged me again before I showed her the gift that Kid Danger got me, at Henry's request.

"Oh...we are definitely framing this!" She looked at the poster in awe.