8- Under suspicion

Based on the episode:
"Sick & Wired"
———
ME
"Jasper...please stop sticking that thing up Henry's nose..." I complained as Jasper was roughly holding onto Henry's head.

Just as he moved away, Henry closed his eyes for a second before opening them again.

"What are you making anyways?" I asked, walking over to the bench that Jasper was working at.

"A liquid cleanse to cure Henry's cold. It's a combination of orange juice, nut milk, fish oil, frankincense, tomato puree, myrrh, bee pollen and liquid lard..." Jasper's insane recipe sounded exactly that, insane.

"Please tell me that I don't have to drink it?" Both Henry and I seemed worried.

"Drink it? No. I use it to bathe you!" Jasper smiled.

"Oh no. You are not bathing my boyfriend in that crazy concoction that smells like vomit..." I moved away from the bench.

"Fine. You can bathe him!" Jasper handed me the jug that I quickly placed on the table.

"No! I'm not bathing my 17 year-old boyfriend! That's just weird!" I was starting to feel sick just by looking at the brown substance. Just as I moved closer to Henry, his watch started beeping.

"Hey Mikayla? Can you go get me some hot lemon and honey tea? My voice is kinda scratchy..." Henry smiled at me.

"Yeah, of course Hen. But I better not come back to find you being bathed by Jasper..." I made my intentions to Jasper known.

"Fine..." Jasper groaned as I left the room. I headed downstairs to make him some tea.

After 2 minutes, I returned to his room, but stopped when I heard voices coming from the other side of the door.

"Hey, listen, guys...I'm sorry...but I'm still sick. I can't make it to work." I heard Henry say. I knew that he wasn't talking to Jasper.

"Kid, I totally get it. Just stay home, rest and let your girlfriend take care of you..." I heard a male voice speak before the room went silent. I opened Henry's bedroom door, noticing straight away that Henry's phone was over near the couch, so Henry couldn't possibly have been talking on the phone.

"Hey Henry, I'm gonna head to work. I'll come back later and see how you're doing..." Jasper spoke as he left the room via Henry's bedroom window.

RAY
"I hate that Henry lied to me." I stormed around the Man Cave.

"Wait what? You think that Henry's lying to you about being sick?" Charlotte seemed confused.

"I know he's lying!" I walked over to the monitors.

"Schwoz...I want you to get yourself a disguise. Then I want you to sneak into Henry's house when Mikayla isn't looking and install some hidden cameras and microphones so that we can spy on him." I spoke to Schwoz who was excited.

"No! I will not let you spy on him!" Charlotte objected. I watched as she ran to the tubes, pressed a button and spoke. I pulled a lever down and smiled.

"Tube transport, locked." A female robotic voice spoke.

"You better not keep me trapped in this tube!" She yelled.

"Ok." I smiled more. "Schwoz, go and do what I asked you to do." I watched as Schwoz ran off.

"Up the tube." I lifted the lever again, letting Charlotte fly up.

"And other tube down." I pressed 2 buttons.

"And...Charlotte." I watched as Charlotte flew back down the tube looking angry.

After 45 minutes, and Schwoz stumbling out Henry's window, I could now spy on Henry. I looked at the camera in his room, seeing Mikayla give Henry a bowl of brown liquid. I zoomed in just as Jasper walked out of the elevator.

"Ha! He's not sick! Look at him, sitting there in bed, eating a big steaming bowl of chili! I know chili when I see it!" I had the proof I needed.

"Look...Ray, that is definitely brown soup! besides, Henry and I have been close friends...like forever. If he were faking being sick...he would've told me..." Jasper made a good point.

"Schwoz is going to tape a secret wire to your chest. You're gonna meet Henry at the Parkway Diner, where I'll be hiding nearby in a disguise. You ask him about his sickness and I bet he'll admit that he's been faking it!" The plan was fool proof. I watched as Jasper texted Henry.

After 5 minutes, Jasper and I had left the Man Cave, myself in a cool disguise.

CHARLOTTE
"Ok Schwoz. Let me outta this tube." I demanded. Knowing that he would reject my demand, I started to speak.

"You better listen to me Schwoz! Cause if you don't let me outta this-" I slightly closed my eyes and put my hand to my chest. I could tell that he wasn't buying my little act, so I kept going.

"Outta this..." I pretended that I couldn't breathe.

"I think I..." Both my hands were on my chest as I kept going. Since I couldn't really drop to the floor, I let my body go limp and fall against the back of the tube as my eyes closed.

"AAAYYYEEE!" Schwoz shouted as I could hear buttons being pressed.

"Up!" Schwoz said as he raced up to the platform. As soon as the tube lifted, I fell sideways before Schwoz caught me.

"Charlotte! Are you ok?! Please be ok!" He panicked. I quickly kicked him before grabbing my phone and dialling Henry's number.

I explained everything to him, hoping that I had saved him from a potentially horrible situation.

"Thanks for the warning Charlotte!" Henry happily spoke before the phone call ended.

HENRY
After being told everything by Charlotte, I was now at the Parkway Diner, sitting opposite Jasper. We had been talking about random things, until Jasper brought up my sickness. Knowing that Ray was somewhere nearby listening, I said the one thing he wanted to hear.

"Well...I was faking..." I smirked. Just like I thought he would, Ray appeared out of nowhere, ready for an argument.

ME
Knowing that Henry shouldn't have gone out alone, I made my way to the Parkway Diner, getting there just in time. I opened the front door, seeing Henry's boss argue with Henry as Henry stood back, clearly looking unwell. From what I gathered, Henry's boss didn't believe that Henry was actually sick.

The man wearing a leather jacket began mimicking Henry as Henry put his hand to his stomach, clearly about to vomit. Before he did though, I raced over to Henry, holding him as the taller man kept mocking him, still believing that this was all an act.

"Can you back up please!" I pushed Henry's boss a little as Henry tried not to be sick.

"I-I'm not joking..." Henry held onto me as he moved closer to the tall man.

"What are you doing now?" Henry's boss seemed confused as Henry got closer and closer to him.

After a few seconds, the entirety of the brown soup that Jasper's mom made for Henry was now all over the bottom of Henry's boss' pants and shoes.

"Yeah...that's brown soup..." Henry's boss spoke as Henry moved away from him, his hand covering his mouth. I held Henry tighter as his other not-disgusting hand held my own hand, hoping that I would take him home to rest, which I did.