Never Letting You Go

Klaudia woke with a start.  She didn't remember falling asleep but she must have as Konahamaru carried her back to the village.  Everything came back in a flash and she shuddered thinking about how close it had been.  Another few minutes and she would have been dramatically changed for life.  She knew it would have wrecked her and even if she would have eventually escaped, she would never be who she had been again.  Her skin crawled thinking about it.  As she sat up, she realized that he must have taken her back to his place rather than to her own.

It was a nice sized studio apartment and as she looked around, she could see that he was gone.  She got out of the bed and went down a small set of stairs that led up to the sleeping area.  The walls were white but accents of blue were all about.  She smiled, thinking about the cape he wore as a child.  It had been blue as well.  It must be his favorite color.  He had a few prints on the walls but in the living area, she could see photographs were his primary decorations.  There was one photograph of his grandfather, the third Hokage, next to one of his Uncle Asuma.  She moved closer to really look at all the pictures.

Asuma had been a rather handsome man.  It made her a bit sad that his life had ended so abruptly.  She shifted her gaze to his grandfather and almost scowled.  He had really done Naruto wrong and it was something she didn't think she would ever get over.  She then shifted her eyes to the next photograph of himself with Naruto and Hinata at their wedding.  She smiled as she looked at Naruto and Hinata.  They were a striking couple in three dimensions.  To the right of that photograph was another one of him with the new Team 7.

He had a couple of books on a coffee table but that was it.  He must not be a big reader.  She wondered if it was because of all the knowledge that had been crammed into him as a child.  He probably had grown up and said, I've learned enough.  She smiled slightly at that.  He had a flat screen television of moderate size and what looked like a DVD player.  There were several videos on the shelf underneath and she knelt to read the titles.  She laughed as they were all obvious comedies like the movie he had taken her to.  Her stomach gave a little growl and she realized, she had missed both breakfast and lunch.

She was about to raid his refrigerator when the door opened and he came back in.  He stopped when he saw her and then gave her that beautiful smile that she adored.  "I'm glad you're awake."  He shut the door and walked over to her, his eyes going over her face.  "How are you feeling?"

"Better," she responded softly.  "Thank you for coming after me."

Konahamaru put his hand on the back of his neck and gave her a slight smile.  "I wouldn't be much of a... boyfriend if I hadn't."  He cleared his throat as he watched her eyes brighten at the words, "Are you hungry?  I got us some food.  I thought maybe you hadn't eaten yet today."

"I'm starving," she responded with a big grin that reached her dark eyes.

He wanted to kiss her but he restrained himself.  She had already been mauled once today and he wasn't sure how she would react to that after her experience.  He moved to the small table and pulled out her chair for her before sitting down next to her.  He pulled the food out and almost laughed as she started eating like she had not seen food in a year.  He had got her Miso with Eggplant, rice, and a stir fried veggie side.

"I like your apartment," she said after a long silence as they ate.  "Blue is your favorite color?"

Konahamaru grinned, "Yes, always has been."  He quickly ate his own meal while watching her eat her own.  When she set her chopsticks down, he finally spoke about what he wanted to. "I'm sorry for how I left last night, Klaudia.  I was shocked seeing myself in that video then hearing you say you were from another world.  I was wrong in how I reacted.  I went and talked with Naruto about everything.  He's been my mentor since I was a little kid and he helped me to see everything from your perspective."

He shifted in his chair so that he could face her, a shadow fell over his features.

"When I realized you had been taken, I've never been so scared in my life.  I had no idea how long it had been from the time I found your necklace to when you had been taken.  As I was racing after you, I realized something..."  He began rubbing the back of his neck and the expression on his face was of nervousness.  "I don't want to ever lose you again.  You're special Klaudia and... I think I'm already in love with you.  I know I haven't known you very long but from the moment I saw you, I just knew you were someone I wanted in my life permanently."

Klaudia felt her eyes burn at the words.  "You love me?"

"Yes, I do," he said with more confidence.

She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him, surprising him.  He held her tight before kissing her back as he had wanted to earlier.  He pulled her out of her chair and astride his thighs, loving the taste of her and needing more.  He clinched his hands on her hips, feeling his control slipping away.  He moaned deep in his throat as he felt himself harden almost painfully as she moved against him, her hands tangling in his hair.

Konahamaru pulled back abruptly, breathing hard.  He held her face between his hands, having a hard time getting himself under control.  He wanted more than anything to scoop her up and take her to his bed right then and there.  "God you are a temptation and a half," he breathed out finally with a nervous chuckle.

"I... I..." Klaudia shifted nervously as she swallowed hard.  It was not in her nature to be bold about anything but Melissa's advice was going through her mind.  "I don't mind, Konahamaru... I mean, I want to be with you."

His eyes darkened from the words and she could see he really wanted to do just that.  Instead he said, "I want to do this right with you, Klaudia.  As much as I want to... trust me sweetheart, I want to bad...  Painfully so..."  He reached into the front pocket of his shirt, "Which is why while I was out I bought this for you."

Klaudia was wordless as he lifted up a beautiful gold ring with a blue sapphire in the center.  She blinked as she stared at it then back to him.  "Konahamaru?"

"Will you marry me?  Today, preferably."  He said as he shifted in his discomfort.

"Are you serious?" she whispered with wide eyes.

"I'm never letting you go again, Klaudia," he answered.  "I'm never going to feel what I felt today where you're concerned.  I want to spend every day for the rest of my life with you.  I know we haven't been together long but-"

Klaudia gave a little squeal and kissed him hard.  He laughed as she continued to kiss him all over his face.  "Yes, I will marry you!"

Konahamaru laughed before taking her hand and putting the ring on it.  "We have a lot to do if we're going to pull this off tonight."

"You seriously want to do it tonight?  That fast?  Won't your family and friends be expecting something more planned?"

"Honestly, Klaudia, I really don't care what they want.  I just want you as my wife."

She shimmied out of his lap and clapped her hands together.  "Then let's get moving!  I need to find Sarah and Melissa, they'll be pissed if they're not there.  And I need to find a dress...  OH NO!  My work!  Tzako is probably wondering why I didn't show up!"

"Don't worry about Tzako," Konahamaru responded as he came to his feet.  "I already went by and told him what happened.  He's not expecting you there for the next few days.  He also told me to tell you that he doesn't want you coming out there until the sun is up on the horizon in the future.  He looked pretty upset by what happened."

Klaudia felt warmth in her heart at the words.  "We've become friends of a sort.  I'm so thankful that you told him so he wouldn't think I just quit."  She gave him a quick hug, "Well come on then, we got a lot to do in a short period of time."

Konahamaru laughed as she tugged him out the front door.  Her excitement was contagious and his heart was warm as he thought that tonight, he would claim her as his own.