When Doves Cry

Melissa was bent over Iruka's desk when the door to his office was abruptly thrown open.  She gaped at sudden entrance.  His hand dropped from where he had been absently rubbing the back of her leg as she reached for the paper she had been searching for.  If she ever got too close, he would touch her some way but nothing that couldn't be stopped if they were suddenly interrupted.  She was even more surprised when Klaudia came in followed closely by Konahamaru.

"Konahamaru, Klaudia... what an unexpected surprise," Iruka said with a smile.  "What can we help you with?"

"You can leave work early, get dressed up, and go to the temple," Klaudia said with an exuberance that was instantly contagious.  She then held up her hand and wiggled her ring finger.

Melissa squealed and went around the desk, "Are you kidding me?!  You're getting married, tonight?!"  She looked at Konahamaru, "You told him?"

"Yes, last night," she responded, omitting what all had happened.

They had decided to keep what had happened between the two of them.  Konahamaru gave Melissa a smile, "Iruka knows too?"

"Both him and Kakashi," she responded with a nod.

"And Naruto now too," Klaudia said.  "By the way, you'll get to meet him tonight too.  We went by there first.  Melissa... he's as awesome as he was on the show.  I adore him so much."

Melissa was excited at the words.  She was going to get to meet Naruto and watch one of her best friends get married.  She almost couldn't stand the excitement of both.  She grabbed hold of Klaudia and did a little dance while squealing.  Iruka smiled slightly watching them and shifted his eyes to Konahamaru.  That was rather fast.  He knew the kid was always a bit gutsy but marriage was a serious deal.

"Don't give me that look," Konahamaru told him softly.  "You should be doing the same thing, old man, and don't act all innocent.  It's already going around the village.  Hard to hide when she is seen going to and from your place all the time.  Tell me something, you ever going to find someone like her again?  I know for damn sure I won't find one like Klaudia again."

Iruka rubbed the back of his neck and felt his face flush at the reprimand from the younger man.  He made a valid point but marriage... For whatever reason, he just never had thought he would ever marry. He got an almost anxiousness thinking about it.  He gave Konahamaru a dark look, hoping to god that Melissa hadn't heard him.  That would make things incredibly awkward and he liked how things were at the moment.

"Have you told Sarah yet?"  Melissa asked her.

"No, I wasn't sure where she would be... after watching that spectacular show yesterday," she giggled remembering it.

"That fool is at work right now," Melissa said with a roll of her eyes before lowering her voice to whisper, "She snuck out on him again after..."

"Oh no," Klaudia said while covering her mouth.

"Well we need to find you a dress!  Oh, I need something to wear too... Dang, guess that means I got to buy a dress too," Melissa laughed.  She looked back at Iruka, "Mind if I skip out now, love?"

"Not at all," he responded with a smile.

Melissa looked at Konahamaru, "You coming with us or..."

"No, I'll let you ladies do what you need to do," he responded.  "I still got to finish the arrangements for tonight at the temple and get a suit for myself."

Klaudia turned to him and got on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek, "I'll see you tonight."

Konahamaru gave her a long look, watching as the two women left.  He didn't turn away from her until the door shut.  He tilted his head to the side as he looked at Iruka, "I'd like it if you were there tonight too."