Chapter Twenty-Four; Parent Talks and Painful Pasts

{2nd place ^-^ this chapter is dedicate to @lovewolves2 as the second place winner}

I'm relaxing outside in the yard as I once did over a year ago. The sun warms me up and I'm content to just sit. My book I was reading is over to the side where I put it. My eyes are closed and I'm almost asleep.

I yawn, then frown as I feel someone leaning over me. I open my eyes, and blink when I see that it's Adam. He leans down and kisses me, and I smile softly. Adam, who is sitting next to me, pulls me into his lap.

I sigh and lean against him. My mind drifting to the reason of my blue eyes.

I'd been reading a lot of the Fallen, and the idea of such savage shifters astounded me. The herd I met was peaceful, not warlike at all.

But supposedly, the Fallen were a powerful, warlike tribe. They had conquered much of the shifter world and were extremely powerful. It's said that the tribes under their power teamed up with a group of rebels and attacked the Fallen' and after a long war, with many deaths on both sides, the remaining Fallen were driven from their home palace in U.S. and into the wilderness of Canada. Where I found their home, and apparently I am a Fallen, the last remaining shifter of the Fallen line. The last alpha of the Fallen. Other alphas would leap at the chance to kill me. Hopefully they won't ever be able to kill me.

I also found out a lot about my great grandmother.

Her name was Amelia Fallen. She was a powerful and caring shifter who never found her mate, but did fall in love. That love was for Noah Teraq, Alpha of the Turquoise Blood Herd. They had five kids. The oldest, my grandmother, ran away and became a rouge.

I learned that apparently we Fallen females have a habit of running away. My great grandmother. Grandmother, and my mom. And now me. Well I've settled down, but I did.

Anyways, my grandmother found, well, was captured by, my grandfather. They had one kid, my mom.

The weird thing was that no one from my grandmother to my mom had blue eyes and was born blind. Only me.

As I was thinking all this, Adam was kissing along my neck and jaw. He found where someday he'd mark me and nipped it. I jump, coming back from my thoughts and looking at him. He smirks.

"Well Fallen Queen, I have news. Aside from the fact that I found where to drive you crazy."

I roll my eyes at him, and he presses another kiss up my jaw.

"You're parents are here. Well five minuets away."

"What!"

"Yeah. When I sent out that call and your description, your parents heard and questioned me. A lot. So I said I'd explain once I found you and you were settled in. So here they are."

"Adam, if I know them, all they're interested in is taking me back with them and keeping me under lock and key."

Adam stares at me for a second, then he growls and pulls me to him, putting his face to the crook of my neck.

"No. You're mine. Mine only. Not theirs anymore. I caught you first. They lost you. Boo hoo for them."

I wrap my arms around his neck. Laughing at his possessiveness.

"I know Adam. I know."

I stand, and he stands up close to me, glaring around protectively.

"Can we just tell them you ran away again."

"No Adam. I have to face them."

He sighs, pulling me close to him and kissing my head.

"Okay. Let's go."