𝟛𝟡 - 𝔻𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝔹𝕖 𝕊𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕖𝕕

*trigger warnings, mentions of violence, stalking, blood & sexism.

"Do not open that door." The voice was toneless and guttural.

Ophelia could have sworn her feet glued to the ground at that moment. Rather than be able to run, all she could do was continue to stare at the man's reflection.

"Lia Montgomery, you have no idea how long I've waited to meet you." Although the voice remained toneless, an air of composure and gallantry came with it too. "Please, turn around."

What unnerved Ophelia more in this moment was how sangfroid the stranger behaved. It was almost like they were chattering with a friend; not creeping up on someone.

"Don't be scared." Even in the distorted reflection from the glass door, Ophelia could see a smile grow on the stranger's shadowed face whilst he spoke.

"I'm not scared." Ophelia gritted the words out through her teeth, not realising what she had said until it was too late.

"Oh, that's interesting." The man let out a callous chuckle whilst speaking. "Don't be shy then." He sarcastically over-pronounced the adjective. 

Ophelia knew she shouldn't have turned around. She knew she should have just ran. But planning didn't seem to be an option for her, instead Ophelia was acting on impulse. That's when she found herself facing the man, without even realising she had turned.

A baseball cap was resting on the man's head, casting a shadow over the majority of his face. His eyes were hidden by the darkness, something Ophelia found rather disconcerting.

But his smile, that was clearly evident. His mouth spread so unnaturally wide that it made his moustache quiver.

"Beautiful." The man reached his hand towards Ophelia's face but was halted by Ophelia's own hand.

"Don't touch me." Ophelia wasn't too sure where this confidence was coming from. This confidence certainly wouldn't have been here when she was with the Montgomery's. Maybe that was because this time she had a life worth fighting for.

"Now, now Lia. You know me." He spoke mockingly.

"I don't think I do." Ophelia felt the man's hand shift in her grip, there was no chance she would be strong enough to hold him like that for much longer.

"Come on Lia, you have seen me everyday since your return." The manic smile seemed to temporarily shrink to a thinner line until he saw the realisation on Ophelia's face.