VI

After a good sleep I feel so much better, and it's a Friday! It's building up to be a good day.

While getting ready all I can think about is the invite. Why did they invite me? Especially since all I've given them is retaliation and problems. Who else did they invite? I've rarely seen them speak to anybody else except from each other, and even when they do it doesn't seem genuine.

My logic is that I'll get all of the answers to my questions when I get to school today and ask Sunbi. She's been like an informant to me since the first day I got here, telling me everything I need to know about them and this area. I'm confident she'll be able to help me understand, maybe l'll finally be able to get close to people that everyone deems so unreachable.

~~~~~

When I meet Sunbi at school in the hallway and I tell her about the invitation from the boys. I don't know how I was expecting her to respond but the look of worry and shock on her face was one I wasn't expecting. 

"You barely know them so I don't get why they invited you. Even people that have known them for years weren't invited..."

She poses a valid point. Why me? I've just about known them a week and they've invited me to their most exclusive party.

Sunbi wasn't invited either so if I go, I will be on my own. I mean, I've been to parties by myself before and had an amazing time, but it's different. I'm in a new area with brand new people, I don't know how people act here. I'm going to have to think it over and see what happens.

I would be lying if I said that I am not really intrigued by them. And this party could be my only opportunity to get close enough to them to find out what they're hiding, I know there are secrets to be revealed.

But is the reward bigger than the risk?

"Just be careful, house parties can easily go wrong and these guys... You know their reputation. Whatever you choose to do, just be safe." With that Sunbi readjusts her backpack and walks away towards the direction of her next class.

As I continue the rest of my day at school, I can't help but replay her words in the back of my head. She's not wrong at all, house parties have always had a bad reputation, I know hardly anything about these boys and what their intentions are. Especially since they only invited me and not Sunbi too, them knowing she's my closest friend here.

I meet up with Sunbi again at the break, it's awkward at first but it doesn't take long until we're back to our laidback and jokey conversations.

My eyes wander across the room as we speak, coincidentally always stopping on their table. Just like us, they're relaxed and having a very entertaining conversation by the looks of it. As my eyes linger on them all I can think about is how I want to know more, no everything about them.

No matter how hard I try I just can't stay away.

Suddenly I make eye contact with Jungwon as he finishes laughing, he raises an eyebrow to me and then they all turn to face me. I've never turned back around so quickly in my life, the pressure of all of them looking at me is too much to handle.

Almost like I can feel what they're feeling about me; troubled, in awe, disgust and anger. I feel it all.

Luckily the bell rings, I can finally leave this whirlpool of emotions. Just one more class left and then I don't have to see them for the rest of the day. I'm staying after school with Sunbi to study, and they're barely the studious type.

~~~~~

"Why are they actually so intense?" I can't help but ask Sunbi more questions as we make our way down the hallway back to the library, there's just too much stuff unanswered. It makes me uncomfortable just how much I don't know about them.