XII

Thank goodness that headache is gone! I was not trying to deal with that severe pain any longer, the painkillers barely helped as much as I thought they would.

I take a very dramatic stretch, groaning as I feel my joints slowly come alive. The fact it's the weekend is the only thing making me happy now; no school, not parties, I just have all of this time to myself to reflect and relax. Especially after the week I've had, it is most definitely needed.

I head to the shower, thinking about everything that's happened to me so far. I've made a good friend, started a new school, made some enemies, some frenemies? I don't even know if they would classify as that. I decide to give up on my shower thoughts and get ready for the day.

As I finish my shower I head towards my vanity, deciding on what type of look I any time give myself as I go through this peaceful day. Just as I'm about to do my makeup  I hear my phone ping.

The sound of a text message.

That's very odd, seeming as I have less than 10 peoples number in my phone. I'm still very new to this area, my only proper friend is Sunbi so obviously I have her number. I have the numbers of a few other classmates because we have a group project to work on, other than that it's just family; which is Shin Young and my older cousin.

As far as I'm concerned, my family don't even text me they just call me and expect me to pick up. Sunbi is spending the weekend away and she has no signal so it can't be her. And my classmates said we're taking a break from work this weekend.

So who could possibly be texting me?

Intrigued by the mystery, I grab my phone and check the message. The text is from an unknown number.

Unknown: You.

What an utterly stupid way to start a conversation. I don't even know who is messaging, but they're clearly not friendly. Can't even give a simple hello or something that makes a bit more sense than you. How am I even e supposed to respond to that.

Then I properly realise, I actually don't know who it is. I text them back after a few minutes.

Jiyeon: Do I know you?

Unknown: It's Jay.

I take a sigh of relief, knowing that I'm not talking to a potential crazy man or criminal. Then again, it's Jay. There's not really a big difference, him having my number may even be worse.

He hates my guts, and I hate his, so why would he even have my number in the first place. He's a dangerous guy, I've been around him too many times to know, and he's not been the most welcoming towards me. I can't help but be wary as to what he wants with me.

Jiyeon: And how did you get my number? Stalker lol.

Might as well make the situation a little less serious. A small joke can't hurt anybody.

Jay: Fuck's sake you ask too many questions. And I wouldn't stalk you even if you were the last person on earth. You gave everyone your number when you were drunk.

I think we've surpassed rude to borderline asshole. Gosh, it's not that hard to take a joke. Why did I even think it would work?

The real question I should be asking myself is what possessed me to give the boys my number. It has to have been the liquid courage, there's no other logical explanation. I'm not even friends with them, they invited me to one party that I attended, so giving them my number just seems so unnecessary. Especially since I already see them five times a week.

Jiyeon: Okay, so of all people, why are you texting me?

Jay: I wanna talk. Jolly Café, 15 minutes.