XXVI

" Excuse me?" Heeseung's voice goes dark and rough immediately.

The relaxed and playful Heeseung quickly disappears and is replaced by someone who is shocked but trying to hide it with anger and cold body language. He instantly takes multiple steps away from me and is giving clear indications that he wants to dismiss this topic.

I expected this to happen when I asked my question. Asking a supposed vampire if they are a vampire is definitely not the most welcoming conversation to have, but it needs to be done. I'm well aware of the risks.

Neither his behaviour or the change in energy around us surprises me, I prepared myself for this throughout my talk with him before. My only focus is making sure that I get my answers regardless of how either of us feel right now.

" You heard what I said." I say my words strongly. Wavering in my speech could cost me, everything has to be delivered with conviction or I won't get what I want.

The truth.

This doesn't seem to go well with Heeseung, who was previously choosing to stay silent. He starts to show how much the question is affecting him as busts into a frenzy of laughing continuously.

" This is ridiculous! You hit your head in the fight?" He doesn't stop laughing even after his speech.

I didn't think he would pull the brain damage card this early on in this discussion. I'm more disappointed than anything else. Thinking that would be the best route to stop me from continuing this talk is very poor from him. It is going to take more than that to stop me.

And I hate being made to look like I'm stupid.

" Heeseung. Don't do that." I keep my words short and cold in tone. I'm serious and I need him to realise that this is a serious conversation we are having. And will be having.

This isn't the fantasy crap that you read about in books. This is real life. This is my life. This is his life. Our life. I won't allow him to see me as someone trying to jest or playing as an unserious person. He'll only use that as a way to further dismiss this conversation.

" Do what Jiyeon? You're being delusional." He laughs so loud I can hear it echo throughout the maze. Louder than all of the previous laughter before from him.

So he actually takes me as a joke? How fucking rude. Throwing out the word delusional is like putting more salt into the wound. I know that I'm right, I just need him to say it. Denying the truth isn't going to benefit Heeseung at all.

" So when you tell people what to do and they do it without question, that's delusional?" I place my hand on my hips and tilt my head.

I decided to start off slow, dropping hints of what I've seen him do until the amount of evidence that I have is too much to be denied. The evidence is so detailed, specific that there's no way I could even make it up.

" Yes." I roll my eyes to his blunt response.

I expected Heeseung to answer like that. But it's gotten the ball rolling, without knowing it he's opened up the conversation about him being a vampire. That answer just gave me the green light to keep interrogating towards getting my answer.

Fool.

" Even when your eyes glow red whenever you do it? When I'm invited to a party and everyone is dancing too close for comfort around my neck?" I stop myself from smiling a little, I'm getting him where I want him, I need the tension in the air to stay as heavy as possible. There's no way that after that he can deny my allegations.

" Delusional." Emotionless as he says the word again. It was like everything I had said meant nothing.

I know for a fact that I'm not being delusional. I have gone through too many instances with these guys, and gathered so much of my own tangible proof for him to try and manipulate me into thinking otherwise. I won't stand for the blatant disrespect and lies. I won't let someone else make me doubt myself, I'm starting to get a little annoyed.