XVIII

I try not to dwell on what's just happened too much.

At the end of the day, I am going to have to attend. As much as I don't want to, now that I've been threatened I don't really have a choice. I can't have my investigation being exposed to the boys so early on, especially when I don't have enough substantial evidence to come at them with.

I quickly call Sunbi and let her know that I'm going to the game, her screams down the phone we're expected since I had previously told her I wasn't going to go. She meets up with me quickly and demands I tell her why I've changed my mind.

Her jaw drops as I explain what happened. I wasn't planning on telling her about the library situation, but to explain myself I have to. I do however keep it brief, since I still don't really know who I can trust anymore except from myself.

Even with such a vague description of the events in the library and Heeseung's threat to have me at the game, the disbelief on her face is as clear as day. She tried to press me for more information but I brush it aside as we head over to the field.

"Jiyeon can you go down and get us some snacks, I'll save our seats!" Sunbi smiles at me cheerfully as she sits down on a seat and places our bags on another next to her.

I nod at her as I rush all the way back to the snacks area by the entrance. By the time I get there I'm out of breath, but I have to be as quick as possible so I'm not late before the game starts. Who knows, if Heeseung can't see me in the stands when they step into the field it could be enough for him to tell the guys what he knows.

I browse the selection and decide to grab some nachos and hotdogs, along with a few light snacks. The whole area is empty by the time I'm gotten my things, the game is probably starting soon, I should head back.

As I make my way through the empty halls, I hear some loud footsteps approaching from behind me. Based off the sound of the steps alone I can tell who it is, but I don't turn around to face them until I hear them speak.

"Been a while since I've seen you Jiyeon, I'm hoping you've made some progress? I can sense you have." K makes his way towards me, leaving a distance between us when he stops.

He has a smile on his face, soft but recognisable, and he seems to relaxed talking to me. I have to admit it's great to see him, he is the one that really pushed me to investigate the boys. Safe to say that it's lead me to find some interesting things so far, and I've only just started.

Instead of giving him the usual cold and ruthless treatment, I smile at him back as I start to speak to him.

"I found something in the archives, images of them dating back to centuries ago..." I explain to him practically everything that happened back in the library, even the fact that I ran into Heeseung.

He raises an eyebrow at that piece of information but doesn't do anything else, so I keep explaining. How the book looked and how it was only visible after I cut myself, which earned me another eyebrow raise, and then obviously Heeseung's threat. A threat that I'm very pissed off about.

Because who does he actually think he is to threaten me?! Of all people, me?! That's what I call having no sense. But that is a topic for another day.

"You're getting somewhere now, genuinely surprised." He chuckles as he speaks, casually resting his hands behind his head as he looks at me.

I'm not used to this version of K. I'm used to the guy who is always trying to piss me off, always trying to cause problems, but for once it seems like he's being genuine with me. I'm not really sensing anything malicious, does he really want to help me out?

I can't help but smile knowing that I've been able to surprise him. Honestly, to me it doesn't seem like much of a big deal, but I can see that this means a lot to him in some aspect.

What I found isn't really substantial or groundbreaking news, it's a series of pictures in a book that don't really make sense to me, it's more of a hugely impossible theory. Yet he doesn't seem freaked out by what I told him, so he probably already knows this and has pieced it together, I'm still the one that has to catch up and probe him for more answers.

"How is that surprising?" I say in an exaggerated questioning tone.

I raise my eyebrow slightly as I comfortably lean on the side of the wall. K just looks me up and down, almost intrigued by me answer as he stays silent. The silence isn't awkward but it's clearly not comfortable, and the fact it's just the two of us just adds to the atmosphere even more.

K moves his hands from behind his head into his pockets, and he also rests causally again the wall, moving closer to me by the slightest bit.

"I'm surprised they haven't tried to stop you yet." He looks at me with wonder as he speaks, is that really the most surprising thing to him?

Then again that is the one thing I can't put my finger on, if Heeseung knew what I was doing why not stop me? I still can't understand it. There's no way he would willingly let me stay in the library if he knew my intentions.

And why threaten me with that information instead of telling the boys?

"Anyway, I still want you to figure it out on your own. I feel like there's stuff you're gonna find out that even I can't." He moves around a bit trying to get more comfortable against the wall as his eyes wander in different directions.

Why would he not be able to find out certain things?

Never-mind, it's obviously as to why. The boys are close to me, seeing for deep their rivals with K goes it makes sense how he can't figure everything out. Some information won't be in a book, but with the boys, and realistically I have a chance of getting them to talk it out with me over K.

"Just keep thinking about the pictures...and then your flashbacks." He sighs casually as he looks at my disturbed face.

My body freezes.

My flashbacks? There's no way that I heard him correctly. Nobody knows about those, I've never told anyone not even my aunt. But somehow K has figured that out. My heart is racing and my mind is a blur, because I can't even comprehend how he's found out about that.

"My- How do you know about those?" I stumble as I try to get my words out, not my most confident moment.

All parts of me that were relaxed and calm are now tense and moments away from going crazy. There has to be a reasonable explanation for this, one that I'm sure K will tell me sure to our newfound companionship. I eagerly await his replay but instead we sit in a very unnerving silence that feels like it lasts for centuries rather than a few seconds.

"Don't worry about it Jiyeon, just piece it together. Okay?" He places a hand on my shoulder and gives me a warm smile before heading back towards the locker rooms.

I can't believe he just left without even telling me anything. I can feel myself slowly turning to a state of insanity. How can a man be so inconsiderate to drop a bombshell like that and not give an explanation? An explanation I so rightly deserve?!

Even so how are my flashbacks important? All I've seen is stuff potentially from my past, back at my old school, none of that remotely relates to the boys in any kind of way. And I always see the same things in my flashbacks, except for that one time when I saw those visions of those guys. Looking the same as the years went by; princes running away from something, a group of men surrounding a large table and a series of other things. The number of men staying the same, seven...

So the group of boys I saw in my random flashback... was that them?

That does make the most amount of sense, the amount of boys I saw in my flash back does add up. And the faces looked very familiar to me. And then images look every similar to what I had seen in the book...

There's too many things going on that my brain can't comprehend it, I'll focus on all of this later after the game when I should hopefully have a much clearer mind.

I head back to the stands lost in my thoughts, only breaking out of them once the players run out onto the field.