XV

After my conversation with K, I stop pressing him any further.

I've accepted the fact that he is never gonna tell my the truth himself, meaning I sadly actually have to figure it out myself.

He's still not returned back to our school, but maybe that's actually a good thing, though I'm staring to miss his annoying presence. If I am gonna really start my investigation into the boys properly I can't have any distractions or liabilities in my way, that's why I've not been around them much.

I explained to Sunbi about what K told me when we infiltrated his school, leaving out some certain pieces. I'm slowly starting to feel wary of her intentions.

After my explanation she said the best place to start looking is the school library, a very obvious choice, she said the archives section should help me in finding out about them.

She doesn't give me a clear reason as to why she thinks that area, especially as I can't seem to understand it, I also find that a bit suspicious. For now I'll just brush it off and ask her later, depending on if I find anything or not.

Despite my reservations, I make my way over to the library. Lord knows the last time I willing stepped into one. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but reading in such an extremely quiet but public setting just makes me feel uneasy.

Worst thing is that this place is huge, like unusually huge for a school library. Unfortunately that means more books to scan through, and more ground to cover.

"Can you point me in the direction of the City History and Archives section?" I whisper towards one of the very few librarians.

She looks at me with an eyebrow raised, Sunbi told me that nobody has gone into that section for years. It's almost forbidden without every actually being forbidden, but something just stops people from going there.

The librarians face softens as she sighs and guides me over. Thank goodness she did, if she would've given verbal directions I would be completely lost, I almost got lost whilst following her.

Once I reach the section I want to collapse in the floor screaming and crying, I've never seen so many books from floor to ceiling. There's probably at least a few thousand books in here, at this point I'm gonna be skipping the next few school days before I find anything .

Suddenly I hear a sound, an unexplainable one, it's harsh and screeching. The type of sound that makes your skin crawl, yet you still go after it. I'm guessing I'm the only one that can hear it, nobody has run into this area to see what's going on, but it's extremely loud so how can they not?

I follow the sound until I'm lost amongst the isles, completely separated from everyone else in the library. I don't stop until my body freezes as the brief sight of an unnerving book.

It's cover is a textured black; leather or another reptile, I can't tell. A swirling pattern on the spine catches my attention; red and black. In between the swirls I see what looks like thorns, or at least something similar, sticking out.

This is a book that you would see in any supernatural horror film, which must mean I've made a pivotal discovery in my search. Why does it always have to be the evil looking books?

Despite the look of the book, I get a strong feeling just being around it. I softly graze it's spine and my whole body shakes, and I think I see the book shift a little. Must be a trick of the mind or something.

I feel drawn to the book, it's energy is calling to me.

"So this is where you've been hiding from us?" I try not to act too surprised then I hear a voice from behind me, one that I recognise too well.

Usually I would be quite happy to hear this voice, but when it's in the middle of me investigating him and his friends, in this case it's now not the best thing to happen.

"I've not been hiding, why would I?" I say in a condescending tone.

Realistically, I've really not been hiding from them, I've just been casually keeping my distance. It's not even been that long, maybe a week at most. It doesn't make sense for me to be around them, when I have to do what I have to do.

My break from them has been very eye opening to the fact how surface level our friendship is. I don't even know the basic information about them; birthdays, their dream careers, their hobbies other than rugby. I was quite surprised to find out they were on the school's varsity team.

"I don't know, maybe you don't like us anymore?Or is it me?" He pretends to act heart broken; sniffling and wiping non existent tears can holding his chest like it's heavy.

Of course I still like them all, even though they were absolutely horrendous at the beginning of the school year, I've grown to love their company and how they are as people. For the most part.

It's interesting that he thinks it's because of him specifically, if anything I don't think I could ever not like him. There's something about him that just, I don't even know how to put it into words. It looks like he's starting to realise this thing between us more and more.

It's cute that he thinks he's the reason, unfortunately I just can't allow myself to boost his ego.

"Not everything is about you Heeseung, relax yourself." He smirks at what I say, tilting his head to the side as he closes the distance between us even more.

"Hmm, you sure about that Jiyeon?" He chuckles a little as he locks onto my eyes, giving nothing away.

"I'm sure that you ask too many questions." I say in a monotone voice, refusing to look back at him.

If I do, I don't think I have the capacity to stop. I have things to do, information to find out, I want to give myself peace of mind.

As much as K's involvement has prompted me on my investigation, I've now developed my own motives for learning about these boys. So much still doesn't make any sense to me, Heeseung and his random appearances makes me wonder if they really are random or orchestrated attempts to distract me.

"Yeah?" He says it softly but filled with hardcore lust, his eyes coated in desire as he steps even closer to me, resting his arm above me.

"Definitely..." I raise an eyebrow at his advances, amused amused he continues to smirk at me.

The air is thick with tension, anticipation. Whenever he's around me I feel this atmosphere, especially as of recent. It's moments like this where I lose my track of thought, forget what I'm supposed to be doing, Heeseung does this to me.

And right now that is a big problem for me, I have to be focused. I can't get distracted when I've barely even started the race.

As much as I want him to hold me, caress every inch of me, make me feel like we're the only two people on this planet, I can't let him.

Right now there's more important things to do.

"Can I read in peace now?" I say in a sarcastic tone.

As much as I like Heeseung being around, him being here now just ruins my whole plan, how can I investigate if he's around me. We just can never leave each other alone.

He keeps his eyes locked on mine for a few more seconds, his pupils filled with desire and restraint.

After the seconds pass Heeseung cups my face softly, inspecting all of my features, his palm massaging my chin with care. His eyes travel down my face, lingering in my lips.

The feeling of knowing that I can make him act this way is electric, from what I've seen he only acts this way with me. But I know men, good at lying and good at making girls feel like they're the only one, and I'm not one that shall fall for that kind of trap.

He leans down, letting our lips graze each other's for only a moment before smirking slightly and leaving the library.

Without saying another word.