XXIII

I come back to school the next week and everything is fine. I don't really speak to the boys much, since Heeseung still refuses to talk to me. I'm civil with the rest of them but because of him we still have to keep our distance from each other.

Heeseung basically ignores me like the plague; he walks in the opposite direction when he sees me, he doesn't turn up to home room anymore, even when he does see me he brushes it off and acts as if nobody is there. I still can't really understand why he's got such a big problem with me, when he's the one that's is wrong in this situation.

Since I've been back, things have felt a bit off. People have been looking at me very weirdly this whole week. I hear whispers and laughter and I can tell it's all targeted at me, but what have I done? I've been off school for a whole, there's not anything I possible could have done for people to act like this.

I try my best to ignore it as I head into the cafeteria, but it just feels wrong. The second I step in all eyes are on me before people quickly go back to doing what they're doing, but I can feel them catching glances at me every now and then. I cant even grab my food in peace without some acting like they're walking on egg shells around me.

I sit down with Sunbi, talking and laughing like we always do when I feel that weird energy once again. I can feel people's eyes on me. When I try to make eye contact with the people staring, they turn around and whisper to those around them.

In the corner of my eye, I see Hana looking around as everyone whispers with the largest smile on her face. I don't even know much about this girl except that she used to be really obsessed with Heeseung at some point according to Sunbi, but I don't really understand what that has to do with me.

Ever since I started at this school she's been giving me off energy; dirty looks in the hallway, whispering to people as I walk past and so on. Frankly, she's irrelevant to me hence why I've never really mentioned her to anybody. It has to be jealousy, what she's jealous of I don't really know and I could care less.

"I heard from Hana that Jiyeon has been talking about you!" The second I overhear that from across the table I freeze. There's no way I heard that correctly, I've not spoken bad on anybody in this school. I stick to myself and mind my business so how am I hearing this. I hate when people lie about me, it gets under my skin.

Instantly after I unfreeze, I turn towards Sunbi and fold my arms.

"I know you heard it too. Explain." I stare at her blankly as she tries not to make eye contact with me. I just roll my eyes and continue waiting for an answer.

"You see, it's not that important. I think we should just drop it." So Sunbi is trying to divert the subject now. That's not gonna work with me, I'm gonna find out what's going on right now.

"You're trying to hide something? If you just tell me I can settle everything now calmly. But if you don't tell me, let's see what will happen if I go up to Hana and ask myself!"

Immediately, she starts to wave her hands around as if to tell me to stop. I nod slightly and rest my arms on the table as I wait for her to tell me everything, she takes in a very deep sigh before she says anything

"Hana has been spreading a lot of rumours about you. She's been everyone that the Wild Ones has been passing you around, saying that you're easy a-"

I put my hand up to her face, telling her to pause for a moment. What in the absolute foolery is this girl talking about?!, I wave my hand, signalling her to resume. And this is what shocks me more.

"Apparently she saw you and Heeseung in the library, said that you were trying to seduce him. He rejected you and that's why you're not talking to him anymore. And to the some girls she's saying that you said they're beneath you." Sunbi let's out a sign as she finishes, quickly resorting to playing with her food to avoid saying more.