XIV

A week goes by and I haven't seen K since our conversation in the cafeteria.

In the hallways, classrooms, the area he first took me when we met. His presence is just a distant memory.

Nothing makes sense to me, where could he have gone? Why does nobody notice or care that he's gone? Above all that, I can't get what he said out of my head.

It keeps replaying in my mind like a broken record. Over and over again, saying the same things. That I need to figure it out, whatever it is.

Jiyeon: hey, meet me 20 mins before school tomorrow :)

Sunbi: sure, something up?

Jiyeon: tell you when I get there.

Sunbi is the only person that I can trust to give me some answers around here. There's no point trying with Jungwon and the rest of the boys, they don't like K so they wouldn't want to talk about him.

Tomorrow comes and I patiently wait in the same empty classroom as last time, it's recently become our new gossip spot, we've realised nobody ever comes around here.

I talk a deep breath and explain to her my frustrations about the boys and K. How there's this tension between them that makes me uneasy, the fact that the boys are keeping secrets from them, and the fact that K wants me to figure them out.

I ramble on and on and on, Sunbi tries to give me advice but it doesn't seem to do much. I want answers, that's all I want. And K, probably the only person that may have these answers, has you and disappeared.

In that moment Sunbi stops me and closes her eyes. They stay closed for only a second and she opens them again, slightly sighing before she speaks.

"When it comes to the boys, I've told you all that I know, but here's something about K... He doesn't go to this school, he goes Seoul Tower Academy..." My brain stops functioning for a moment. What?

So K doesn't even attend Seoul International High... Then why is he always here, what purpose does he serve being here?

Sunbi sees my confusion and continues her explanation.

Essentially, Seoul Tower and Seoul International have been rivalling schools for so long that nobody even knows when it started. Each school sticks to their own and they try not to interact with each other outside of school, because in the past its never gone well when they do.

Seoul Tower Academy is the more overly aggressive participant in the rivalry, raging animals is how they've been described, while Seoul International is more passive aggressive. As a result Seoul Tower, which was initially a regular high school, changed into an academy with housing for their students to prevent extreme problems between the two schools.

K only recently started showing up at our school, about two months before the end of the school year. They thought by then it would stop, but the day I arrived was also the day that K came back to the school.

Nobody really know why he sneaks into our school, or maybe they just don't want to say anything, but he keeps on doing it. The headmaster tells everyone that unless he is confrontational, that they should let him be.

K skips school just to come to ours? There has to be an ulterior motive behind it, there's no way he comes over to his rivals to relax with them. And the Wild Ones have made it clear on many occasions that they're not fond of his presence.

Once again, more questions and not enough answers.

Sunbi says that we've probably not seen him around because for whatever reason, he's gone back to the Academy. They have rules there but apparently they're always broken, so the idea of punishment doesn't seem plausible here.