XXIV

" Jiyeon, Hana. This type of behaviour is unacceptable. Fighting in the cafeteria?" The headmistress yells at us both so loud it almost makes me go deaf.

I've only met her once, when I first entered the school but she wasn't really that important to me, Frankly I had even forgotten she existed, it's so rare to see her around school. Worst part is I don't even remember her name.

Her office is completely dark; the walls are covered in quilted black and crimson, the lighting is an antique yellow, all the furniture looks like they're from centuries ago. It's so...Elizabethan era in a way, just a darker version of it.

After Heeseung left me alone, I was quickly summoned to her office. I didn't even get time to think about what he had said to me. He can't have been serious anyways, he probably said those things just to mess with my mind as always. I can't trust a single word that comes out of his mouth.

" She's the one that hit me first!" Hana yells in frustration as she throws her hands in the air.

She quickly turns around to glare at me, and I almost start laughing. Hana wants to act so tough, but she's covered in bruises; her lip is busted with blood coming out, she can barely see out of her bruised right eye, her hair looks like it's been through war and back, and she's holding onto the side of her stomach for support.

Me on the other hand, I look perfectly fine. Other than the fact my hair is also a bit messed up, from when she tried to grab it, there's hardly any bruises or scratches on my body.

" I don't care about that. This won't be tolerated in my school." She folds her arms as her voice echoes throughout the entire room, making me go still," Both of you are suspended for a week, starting immediately."

What? I'm suspended? I've literally only been back to school for about two weeks and now I'm suspended, unbelievable.

I don't reply to her statement, arguing with her won't do anything for me. It'll only make matters worse. Instead I just sit there taking in the entire situation, how this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't gone and hit Hana. The anger inside me was just too great at that moment, it overpowered my conscience and I just did what I had to do.

Now I'm just going to have to suffer the consequences of my own actions.

She's probably gonna tell my aunt too, I'm done for. Shin Young isn't going to be happy with this at all, another consequences I'm going to have to endure

" But I-" Hana tried her best to intervene and I'm guessing defend herself, but the headmistress immediately cuts her off.

She slams her hand so hard on her desk that I'm sure I see the wood dent, the loud sound making everything else in the room go quiet. She quickly calms down and readjusts her long black blazer dress, her eyes glowing red as she speaks again.

" That's another week for you Hana. Now both of you. Go." Neither of us try to dispute her command and quickly leave the room as quietly as we can.

The moment we step outside, Hana tried to argue with me again. She yells saying this is all my fault and that I'm annoying and bla bla bla, I don't really bother to pay attention to her. I just laugh in her face once she's done and walk away, I smirk when I hear her frustrated sigh as she walks away in the opposite direction.

The boys were all waiting for me further down the hallway. The minute I reach them they start bombarding me with questions, too many for me to focus on.

I cut into their rambling and simply stare that I've been suspended for a week. They instantly stop talking as they look at me in shock. I'm quite surprised myself, this is not the typical punishment they give for what I did. I can only be happy I didn't get an more horrible consequence.