XXVII

I spend the next day of my suspension at home.

Deeply searching the web at my desk, to find any information surrounding "purple eyes and the supernatural ". I go through sites and sites of anything and everything related to supernatural beings and their characteristics, nothing shows up related to purple eyes.

It's as if they're uncommon, or perhaps they genuinely don't exists and everything Heeseung said was a figure if his imagination.

I don't even know why I'm choosing to believe Heeseung, with all of these lies and secrets he's been hiding from me. But I have a feeling deep in my gut that is telling me to trust him, and I'm going to believe my gut before anything else. Right not, it's proving to be a bunch of bullshit because I cannot find anything for the life of me.

I should be happy. The lack of mention means that Heeseung was being delusional and that I am positively a human being. That's all I should want right? Then why do I feel a bit upset that this is all a fake?

I guess finding something, anything relating to the supernatural would've made me feel better. Feel like there was a reasoning behind my excruciating migraines, or the flashbacks or visions that I've been seeing as of recent. Maybe all of that is just in my head too? But it feels all too real whoever they come around, there has to be something to explain it.

Not to mention all of the weird interactions I've had with them. The fact Heeseung can read and compel everyone else's mind except for mine, K telling the boys and me that there's something different about me. All of these things have to add up to something. It would be pretty anticlimactic if this all turned out to be a bunch of crap.

I'm about to close my laptop and reside to my bed when my eye sees something in the corner of my room. I scan the area from top to bottom, my eyes going wide as I hone in on the missing piece.

The book!

I'm a complete idiot, I can't believe I forgot about it. I took it home with me from the library, and it's been collecting dust on my bookshelf ever since. If I'm going to find and legitimate information about what I am, it's got to be in here. I mean, it did tell me about the boys being vampires. So I trust it's judgement.

I grab the book and head back to my desk, blowing the dust away from the book. Just like I remembered it, very creepy to look at.

I try to flip open the book budge it doesn't budge. I use all the strength in my hand and nothing gives, safe to say I don't have superhuman strength. I run to grab some pliers from the storage room, it still doesn't open. What the hell? Why is it not opening?

Then I cast my mind back, remembering the first time I opened it when I was in the library. I was going through the exact same struggles that I am now. That was until I had pricked my finger, and a little blood dropped into the middle. And then the book opened itself up with ease.

You're kidding me.

I grab a needle from my sewing kit in my drawer, taking a deep breath and stabbing it into my finger. Thankfully it didn't hurt too bad, but I definitely went too deep because a lot more blood is coming out than I had anticipated. I try to ignore that fact and direct my finger to the centre of the book, watching the steam of red pool in the middle only to suddenly disappear.

The next time I try to open the book, I don't have any problem.

If I have to open this book with my blood every single time, that is very annoying. Why should I have to bleed out? Why is my blood special? Maybe because I am a supernatural being!  Or potentially someone's weird mechanism of opening a book. I think we both know which answer makes the most sense in this current situation.