001

Chapter 1 : naughty kid

-

"Felix, time to drink your medi!" the woman sang, pouring the syrup into the spoon. the kid across her looks at it with full of disgust in his face.

"No!" the kid exclaimed, slapping his hand over his mouth, shaking his head. the woman pouts. "hmm, but how will you recover if you do not drink your medi." she slowly lean the spoon towards his mouth as the kid kept on resisting.

"but mommy, it tastes so bad, i don't like it." he whines, kicking his feet.

The woman seems to lose her patience. "felix, if you do not drink this. The man in Red will get you, he will come to your room and drag you by your feet." the woman tries to scare the kid so he would drink his medicine, she knew it's not a best way to convince her child. but it works somehow.

the kid tries his best not to show he's scared. "mommy, h-he's not real."

"yes he is, and he takes naughty kids. like you, kids that don't drink their medicines." the kid finally lose it, quickly taking the spoon into his mouth. the woman smiles, patting the kid's head. "that's right felix, good boy."

The man in Red is a folklore that has been going around their town since 1941, sometimes, adult uses him to scare children.

no one really knows how did the story of the man in red started.

"good boy." coming from the window.

-

"Felix! i saw the man in red standing by your window last night." Jisung says, trying to scare off his bestfriend.

"i'm not a child anymore, jisung." Felix rolls his eyes, gathering his books. the bell had rang already, indicating that it's lunch break. unfortunately, felix forgot his lunch bag so he had no choice but to spend his money, plus he's starving as hell.

"i'm just kidding." Jisung giggles, also doing the same thing. once felix had gathered his things, he threw his bag onto his back. ignoring his friend talking nonsense.

sure felix was scared of the man in red when he was a child but thats it, he's forgotten about it. theres no reason to be scared of him.

he convinced himself that he's already grown up. he hates to admit, but the man in red still freaks him out...a bit.